Berkeley Goldman 2016 MPP

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also waiting on GSPP. From what I've read in previous years it seems that decisions start to trickle out the first Friday of March, i.e. March 4th this year but this is all speculation...

I asked them a couple weeks ago, and the response was: "we anticipate sending out admissions decisions during the first week of March.  We will do our best to inform you as soon as we know of the final decision."

I also met with a current student yesterday and she said from what they (visit coordinators) know, the decisions are ready to go out. So hopefully soon! I'm dying out here.

When I went back and looked over the results page from the last few cycles, and March 7 is what kept popping up. That's this upcoming Monday...So probably this weekend or that Monday is when people will start hearing back.

I hope they won't make us wait all the way until the end of this coming week. It does seem like the 7th has been the magic number in the past, so perhaps tomorrow! I hope we all get good news :)

Since I can't concentrate at work anyways, here's the dates they started releasing decisions from past years.

2015- Evening, Friday March 6. Trickling notification until about the 13th.

2014- Thursday, March 6

2013- Friday, March 1

Given this information, I'm not sure if I should expect it now because it's still early March, or at the end of the week because they tend to start releasing Thursdays and Fridays. 

It's the 7th already.. why are they taking so long? :( if it's the end of this week, that's mid-march not early march anymore. I thought they were going to give us decisions by graduate diversity day, which was the 6th, but I was wrong.

I called the admissions office, and they said decisions would be out by the end of this week. They said they get the decisions out the first two weeks of March. I guess I'll stop checking my email till Friday or so!

I hope they will start coming out today after the office closes - I think the leap year might have delayed them to this week. It seems like past years have been staggered acceptances, so hopefully she meant everyone will hear by the end of this week at the latest. Michigan started to come out today, so I hope that is a good sign!

Their funding offers are definitely not as good as other MPP programs. I went to Berkeley as an undergrad and can say that there are TONS of GSI positions that would cover the tuition/health costs. 

Edited by NekoAtsume

Do the GSIs cover tuition and health completely? If so, would I just need to pay room and board?

4 minutes ago, NekoAtsume said:

Their funding offers are definitely not as good as other MPP programs. I went to Berkeley as an undergrad and can say that there are TONS of GSI positions that would cover the tuition/health costs. 

3 minutes ago, sfe510 said:

Congrats to you all! I still have yet to hear anything and now that people are getting acceptances I'm even more nervous that it will be a no...

Good luck!! Hope you hear back soon :)

2 minutes ago, Stars88 said:

Good luck!! Hope you hear back soon :)

Here is what I found in that pamphlet thingy they just sent out:

GSI's get...“Partial Fee Remission” includes remission for: Tuition, the Student Services Fee, and the Health Insurance Fee* (NOTE: Most students with ASE positions receive Partial Fee Remission)

I'm pretty positive that means you would just need to cover room and board. 

7 minutes ago, sfe510 said:

Congrats to you all! I still have yet to hear anything and now that people are getting acceptances I'm even more nervous that it will be a no...

I saw last year in the discussion that people got acceptances over several days! It actually looked like the bigger funds/fellowships went to people who did not hear the first day, so it might be a good thing you haven't heard yet :)

2 minutes ago, NekoAtsume said:

I saw last year in the discussion that people got acceptances over several days! It actually looked like the bigger funds/fellowships went to people who did not hear the first day, so it might be a good thing you haven't heard yet :)

Thanks! Considering Cal is my biggest reach school I'm just not getting my hopes up but congratulations! You've all accomplished a very big feat!

16 minutes ago, NekoAtsume said:

Here is what I found in that pamphlet thingy they just sent out:

GSI's get...“Partial Fee Remission” includes remission for: Tuition, the Student Services Fee, and the Health Insurance Fee* (NOTE: Most students with ASE positions receive Partial Fee Remission)

I'm pretty positive that means you would just need to cover room and board. 

Thanks for the heads up! I'll look into that bit more. It's probably too late to apply for other fellowships now so GSIs are my best bet.