Georgetown McCourt 2016

Surprised not to see a thread for McCourt yet. Last year it seems they started admitting in early February and then everyone's was available by 3/4 (a Wednesday, for what it's worth). It seems most people found out via their application portal, not by email. I saw a few posts here and there this year about being admitted starting this week. Has anyone heard back already? 

I got an email last week (or maybe two weeks ago) from McCourt saying I was accepted and I should wait to hear from the Graduate School as they will be preparing and uploading the acceptance letters onto the portal. 

Same here, I received an acceptance email about a week and a half ago. Based on last year's responses it looks like it could be awhile before funding decisions are made.

I received an acceptance email 1-2 weeks ago. I'm excited, but still waiting to hear about funding. It looks like acceptances have been trickling in, so I'm sure you'll hear back soon :)

10 minutes ago, SDtoMPP said:

Welp, this is starting to look like I haven't heard because I'm not getting in haha

I don't think that's necessarily true! If you look at the Fall admissions cycle thread, someone just got an acceptance from them yesterday. Hang in there - I know from experience that self-doubt rears its ugly head during this whole process, but I wouldn't assume you're getting a rejection.

2 minutes ago, sfe510 said:

In the same boat as @SDtoMPP no word so I'm kind of expecting the worst.

Congrats to all of you who have gotten your acceptances and good luck to everyone still waiting it out!

At this point, I have more enticing offers so unless they offer some crazy funding, I'll probably turn them down anyways. But still, it would be nice to know....

Has anybody heard back from them regarding the "official online admission offer" yet? I got an email congratulating me on getting admitted on Feb. 24th and telling me to look out for this, but I haven't gotten anything yet.

I got one of those unofficial acceptances back at the end of Feb as well, so I contacted admissions to ask when funding decisions would be announced. They said funding decisions would be announced "in the next few weeks" so now I'm wondering if maybe the official GSAS notification will come out with funding info, and both won't happen for another week or so (because wouldn't this week technically be "next couple of weeks"? Or maybe I'm reading too much into it...)

I was sent an acceptance email as well and told the same as pretty much everyone else. However, I just took a quick trip to DC and met with a professor there who happens to be on the scholarship committee and he said that funding decisions should be released late March/early April. 

I feel like I'm never going to hear back from them..

but I've decided it's probably because they didn't complete my application until 2/22. They were waiting for a transcript for a class I'm still enrolled in and I didn't realize they were waiting for it.

Ugh, just realized their site says decisions are released 6-8 weeks after the application is completed.

Means I probably won't get one until April. That means I'm definitely turning them down.

5 minutes ago, SDtoMPP said:

Ugh, just realized their site says decisions are released 6-8 weeks after the application is completed.

Means I probably won't get one until April. That means I'm definitely turning them down.

When I updated mine I emailed them and they said I'd still be considered priority deadline and it  should be 4 weeks 

34 minutes ago, LLCoolJ1585 said:

When I updated mine I emailed them and they said I'd still be considered priority deadline and it  should be 4 weeks 

When did they complete yours? I will email them

Same here -- they said my application was incomplete (it wasn't), and they e-mailed on Feb. 22 to say it was complete, and I'd hear back. I got accepted yesterday. So, just 2-3 weeks turnaround.