Georgetown McCourt 2016

I emailed asking about if my application would be considered for the priority deadline and they said not to expect an answer for 2 weeks. Weird because my application was completed that same day as @jeb!2016

I received my admissions email a few weeks ago, but no word on funding. I called the admissions office this morning and they said that they would be releasing the official offer letters "in the next week".

Just received an email saying that I am being considered for the McCourt Fellowship! Anyone else? Does anyone know what the interview will consist of?

Hope to see you all next year!

anyone hear anything about funding yet?

also, anyone else think it odd McCourt is still only ranked 15 in the new US N&WR rankings despite it having gone from GPPI to a school since the previous rankings were made?

Edited by SenNoodles

Nothing on funding yet.

I think it'll take a few years for the Institute-->School to trickle down to the program and reputation. At its core, a lot of the program is the same. Over time, I think they'll work hard to add additional programming, perhaps tweak the core a little, and also have the additional institutes and other areas of concentration to contribute to the reputation boost. USN&WR rankings for public affairs/public policy are pretty awful in their methodology, so it's not odd to see it kind of stay the same. It's (I believe) exclusively a reputation score from peer schools.

I've talked with admissions a couple of times. Here's what I heard:

1. Admissions is rolling on a six to eight weeks basis, even if you applied to the priority deadline like I did. On top of that, even if you applied to the priority deadline, all of your official docs must be submitted before that six to eight weeks period starts. So I applied in December, but one of my transcripts took a generous amount of time to be mailed to Georgetown and so the six to eight weeks period started for me about one month after I submitted everything else.
  2. Regarding Financial Aid information: I called them on Monday and they told me that all financial aid information would be sent out in the next week for admitted students. This appeared to be regardless of whether you were admitted last week or a month ago. Not sure what all of that means, but they said we can expect to receive an email directing us to an online portal with all of the information regarding our financial aid package.

Hope this helps!

4 hours ago, weksa said:

Did anyone hear about funding yet? Seems they didn't make good on their promise of "within the next week".....

McCourt Scholars finalists have their interviews tomorrow, so I would assume it would be sometime after this. Here's hoping that it is sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, jakemc said:

McCourt Scholars finalists have their interviews tomorrow, so I would assume it would be sometime after this. Here's hoping that it is sooner rather than later.

well, that is helpful to know at least. Thanks! 

Finally heard back from Georgetown about funding.  I received $2,500 for the fall and spring, so it's not much, but at least it's something.  It was at the bottom of the acceptance letter.  Hope everyone else heard good news!

Congrats everyone! I was offered $6,250 per semester, which is less than I'd hoped but I'm still excited about it.

Anyone know if they plan to attend yet?

I haven't officially accepted their offer yet because they ended up revising it, but I've made up my mind to go!

Definitely glad to have a decision now, but so many other things to sort out from now until August...

Hi! Did anyone went to the Admitted Student Day/ Open House today? If yes, it would be much appreciated if you could share your insights from today's event. I live outside of US at the moment so I wasn't able to attend the Open House.