What to do with a bachelors in sociology?

litany239

My GI Bill runs out this semester so unless I have a tuition waiver+stipend, I can't be anywhere near a university. I already have 3 peer reviewed publications so I don't think that front needs any more development. At this point in time, I'm fine with any job that puts food on the table that doesn't involve physical labor. It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I need a wheelchair to move from point A to point B.

Yeah, I've been applying heavily to research jobs and most of them require previous years of work experience. I've been rejected based on that quite a lot because they don't consider writing papers at home in my underwear to be work experience.

I spent my gap year working as a caseworker, don't recommend it because it's hard work and very frustrating, but the entry level jobs typically only require a bachelors in a human services related field.

20 hours ago, rising_star said:

Have you tried getting a research job at a university? I know Rice University has recently advertised for post-baccalaureate fellows to do research with various centers there.

I have heard about the fellowship program. Although I was under the impression that it was super competitive. If they rejected me for graduate school they'll probably reject me for a full time job. Anyways, worth a shot. Thank you!