Georgetown MSFS 2016 - Discuss & Debate

Just now, jgolig said:

I'm in as well! My admit letter didn't mention anything about financial aid or funding, however. I haven't received any email notification yet. I just checked apply yourself portal website.

Same here about funding. Hopefully we hear soon! 

I'm in! I got $20k in funding, so I'll have to think hard about where to attend. I'm not too eager to get into debt for this kind of program and I got a full ride at NYU and at American.

Good luck to everyone!

13 minutes ago, ursusinopinatus said:

I'm in! I got $20k in funding, so I'll have to think hard about where to attend. I'm not too eager to get into debt for this kind of program and I got a full ride at NYU and at American.

Good luck to everyone!

Did you get your funding information in your admissions letter?

Just now, ursusinopinatus said:

Good luck to everyone!

Just now, kasbah said:

I'm wondering the same thing! 

1 minute ago, kasbah said:

Yes, the second paragraph of the letter stated that I had received a financial award. More details came in a second letter about financial aid at the end of the letter about admission.

I'm in with 18k! I can't believe it. It seemed so impossible at the start of the process. Really though, that seems like a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of attendance. I'm gonna wait to see what happens with the Pickering, otherwise it looks like I'm going to American (unless GWU throws a wrench in things).

I'm in as well. And received an email about being on the waitlist for a scholarship. This is pretty surreal. MSFS has always been my top choice, but I wasn't confident about getting in at all. But again, the cost of attendance is pretty scary.

23 hours ago, irapplicant1776 said:

I'm in with 18k! I can't believe it. It seemed so impossible at the start of the process. Really though, that seems like a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of attendance. I'm gonna wait to see what happens with the Pickering, otherwise it looks like I'm going to American (unless GWU throws a wrench in things).

Congratulations! Acceptance + funding for MSFS is still an amazing achievement. AU is a great program too, so best wishes with whatever you decide!

21 hours ago, Applicantfor2016 said:

I was accepted too but my admission letter did not say anything about funding--does that mean i did not get any or will I potentially receive an update on that later? 

I believe it means you did not initially get awarded any funding, because those who did received admissions letters that clearly stated as much. However, some people were placed on a funding wait list and were informed of this in an e-mail they received subsequent to their admissions notification. 

Edited by 6speed!

I didn't get funding either. I got a scholarship from Fletcher and I'm going to try to see if Georgetown will match it. Either way I'm pretty set on Georgetown. I've got some savings and a decent shot at some other scholarships, just wrapping my head around all that debt! It looked a lot more manageable in July! 

8 hours ago, jgolig said:

I too received notice that I was placed on the funding waitlist. So that makes 4 of us on this thread alone by my count... hmmm.

True, but as I've mentioned elsewhere on this forum I don't think Grad Cafe posters are a representative sample of your average applicant or admitted applicant pool, by any means.