Chicago Harris

I haven't seen a topic about Harris yet. I think most of the people in this forum are IR people, and Chicago is more social/domestic from my understanding. Maybe that's why!

Anyone else anticipating Friday's decisions?

They've been pretty clear for months, on both their admissions page and in email correspondence, that March 11 will be the notification date. It's only two days!

Edited by RCtheSS

18 minutes ago, LLCoolJ1585 said:

Anybody accepted here thinking they'll probably turn it down? If so why? 

Did you hear back before the March 11 notification date? Or had you applied for the Jan notification?

9 minutes ago, SenNoodles said:

Did you hear back before the March 11 notification date? Or had you applied for the Jan notification?

Waiting for tmw, just this one seems less popular than some of the other schools although IMO seems like a great school, wondering why it would be someones alt rather than first choice. Im biased though. 

If I am accepted, I may turn it down for Berkeley GSPP, since it's a very prestigious program and I am in-state. It will come down to funding and school visits though.

4 minutes ago, SDtoMPP said:

If I am accepted, I may turn it down for Berkeley GSPP, since it's a very prestigious program and I am in-state. It will come down to funding and school visits though.

Well that certainly makes sense. Not to mention/forget the weather aspect lol. 

1 hour ago, LLCoolJ1585 said:

Anybody accepted here thinking they'll probably turn it down? If so why? 

It's a really exciting program to me in terms of the resources it offers, but if I'm accepted (which I'm not assuming at all will even happen) without very substantial funding I'm likely to turn it down. It's a very expensive school!

It certainly depends on fellowship funding for me. I received funding from SSA (around 60% of tuition+fees per year), so Harris needs to match or beat that offer so I can make the dual degree program work feasibly. That, or provide a work-study position.

Edited by RCtheSS

I got an email from them earlier this week saying they won't release decisions till after business hours - seems smart on their end since they won't be bombarded with phone calls afterwards, but ughh whyyyy.

8 minutes ago, jeb!2016 said:

The portal is at least updated with an envelope icon that says Decision Documents.

When I click on it, it says: There is no update to your application status to report.

They sent their automated email on Monday @ 7pm est. Thinking they;re gonna do it at the latest by that time. Or at that exact time again..

I'm in! I was offered a Dean's Scholarship of $10,000 per year.

I think I might try to leverage a bit, but I'll have to think about how to go about it. I also can't attend the open house, but at least I stopped by the school while visiting SSA last month.