Chicago Harris

@Obecalp glady

@d4r56 that is good info and kind of sobering. What is strange to me is that the MPA is has so much larger salary figures than the MPP - but I suppose I don't know enough about the difference in the HKS MPP vs MPA programs.

What that seems to indicate to me is that I might come out of the program without any wage growth after the two years are up. Granted I'll (hopefully) be doing something I am more passionate about (hence the MPP-aided career pivot), but still...

1 hour ago, MLB87 said:

Has anyone received a rejection e-mail yet? It's already past 5:30pm and I've received nothing (wondering if they send out the rejections at a later date). 

I haven't heard yet. I expect a rejection letter anytime now. 

13 hours ago, thex11factor said:

Is it really $70k per year? Seems like going on a slim student budget, you can get by at mid-upper $60k.

Are full rides rare at MPP programs? Seems like "max full ride" would be $45k from Harris

It depends on the program and its funding. I have seen in previous threads that Harris may allocate one full tuition waiver scholarship to a fortunate candidate. Cost of living is not covered.

For an exceptional candidate with strong profile (peace corps or foreign affairs writer, great GPA/GRE, LoR), I have seen full tuition scholarships plus small stipend from programs such as USC Price, LBJ, Sanford, Heinz and Georgetown.

@thex11factor @dollybird  I'll be there as well! Hoping to hear a lot of specifics around further funding opportunities. Even with some scholarship and other outside funding I've secured, as of right now Harris is just too expensive. Likelihood of TA, GRA, work-study, etc will be a big deciding factor.

Accepted with $20K. Still trying to decide if I will attempt to go to Admitted Student's Day. Originally, the RSVP page offered the $300 travel voucher only if you responded by February 17. Anyone know if they are still offering the money?

3 hours ago, aimz said:

Accepted with $20K. Still trying to decide if I will attempt to go to Admitted Student's Day. Originally, the RSVP page offered the $300 travel voucher only if you responded by February 17. Anyone know if they are still offering the money?

Pretty sure they're still offering it, even if you didn't reply by 2/17. At least that's what I was told. Try reaching out to whoever contacted you regarding the $20K.

6 hours ago, aimz said:

I spoke with an admissions rep yesterday, and he said it was still available!

18 hours ago, Wallflower8 said:

Since this is a thread dedicated to Chicago, any of you here applying to the PhD program? Any news about that? Haven't heard anything from them. Thx. 

A friend of mine got accepted to the PhD program. He said he got an email from POI late last week.

19 hours ago, tinpants12 said:

I spoke with an admissions rep yesterday, and he said it was still available!

Do you know how the voucher works? I've been calling the school multiple times a day but nobody is picking up. Since it's a week away I bit the bullet and booked everything but I really hope it'll be reimbursed somehow...