How many schools are you applying to?

a fragrant plant

One. My top choice has rolling admissions and I found out I was accepted a few days ago. I was admitted into a Ph.D. program in Educational Measurement, so U of Iowa here I come! :D

There are no words for how jealous of you I am so I will resort to childish face making at my modem.

Congrats. :)

10 (or 11?) total. I add the occasional program if I get a fee waiver. Still, the score reports add up and it's getting close to due dates so I'm capping it. Mostly PhD programs, two Masters that are my version of the dreaded s***ties. I don't like saying the word. I think it's jinxed.

• 1 month later...

Four for sure. (Three down, one to go.) But now I'm getting worried, and feel like I should be applying to more. Why do they have to be so cruel and make us submit so early, then wait until April to let us know?! I'm also wondering, is it obvious when people apply to later deadline schools after April that they have been turned down everywhere else and are only applying as a last resort?

8 PhD programs and one graduate partnership program for PhD in 2 schools abroad combined with doing work in the US. So I guess actual school count is 10. Mostly money reasons and LORs, didn't want to put strain on my recommenders since most of my programs required online submission.

7 PhD programs: 6 submitted so far, and if I hear something favorable within the next 10 days I'm not submitting the last one! I decided to drop U Washington at about 9 pm on the day it was due.

I applied to ten, and as of yesterday they're all done. Now I have to figure out how to occupy my time, since this has been like a third job for me (on top of my two actual jobs). Sigh.

I've applied to two PhD programs: Minnesota, PhD Family Social Science and Delaware, PhD Human Development and Family Studies. I'm probably going to apply to my undergrad's Masters program, just in case. I already have my interview for Minnesota and an admission decision is going to be made within 2-3 weeks! =x However, I think I'm at a disadvantage, considering I only applied to two programs.

I've already applied to 25 schools. hahaha...

I heard someone applied to over 70 schools. OMG!

I can't imagine someone applying to 70 schools could even begin to write appropriate, personalized SOPs for all of them. I also find it hard to believe that there are 70 programs that could be a good fit for any given individual. Most people seem to have a tough enough time establishing fit at a dozen programs.

I'm sort of panicked now that I might be looking at a year off...

That's what happened to me. I applied to 3 schools last year and didn't get in. Fortunately, there's plenty you can do in a year to improve, and the application process makes so much more sense once you've done it once. Though, the across the board rejections didn't do much for my self-esteem, alas. And I was lucky in that my local state university had rolling admissions, and I got in to do an MA there, and could stay for the PhD if I choose. I'm applying to 7 schools this year.

But you seem well-qualified, so you may do well in this round.

Edited by pangor-ban