Accepted Into GMU MSW Program

taahir91

@cvsorange Call into the offices, you might get a better answer that way. Or at least an answer.

Thank you taahir! Now I'm just trying to figure out how to get everything finalized. I did my intention to enroll thing yesterday and have the limited access things, but I can't figure out how to get the full access username so I can get my e-mail set up and all that. It also hasn't told me how to submit my final transcripts yet, so I'm going to have to e-mail my adviser and see what I'm meant to be doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got my acceptance, but since it came so late I'm not 100% sure if I'll have time to visit before I have to make a decision about accepting their offer or not, which is very concerning. So I am hoping someone who has visited/been to the department could give me some more insight into the program and campus environment. I've already emailed the advisor asking about getting in touch with current students, however, I'm trying to gather as much info as possible, so I figured I'd ask here too.  

Has anyone met any of the faculty or students? If so, what was your impression? 

This whole process has felt like the school is really disorganized, so any opinions you have of the department itself would be helpful as well. And, of course, any other insight would also be greatly appreciated! 

@MistyMountainHop

In the state of VA , GMU is very popular, proximity is close to D.C., ton's of activities to get involved in, very city like, however Fairfax county and the surrounding cities do have it's suburban qualities. The northern va area is very populated; people are friendly and diverse.

I know the admission office did tell me they were having IT issues with their system which explained the delayed responses.

As far as the program itself, all MSW program's have  the same criteria and guidlines to follow and abide to. Ranking according to USA News, is about in the middle of the pack, like 70?..however the program is fairly new , might of started in 04'  compared to other institution's that have had a MSW since the early 60's  70's and flourished since.

I have a friend in the program, he said the professor's really work with you. Hopefully, that helps

• 2 weeks later...

I got in and it took ages to get my acceptance! I enrolled but I'm probably going to switch to part time. I registered for three classes and am dying to get acclimated do to school again (BA 2008). Any tips? Hope everyone got an acceptance. Congrats to those who know already.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...