SAIS Fall 2016

7 minutes ago, coffeeandtravel said:

Nice...I'm still waiting on Georgetown MSFS and GW but I've heard from Korbel and got in with significant funding so I'm fine too. But was really hoping for a SAIS option. And yeah, now I remember you from the GW forum haha I am still confused by your experience with them. It's weird they'd be so impatient with you

Korbel's great! I wanted to apply there but because of my and my spouse's job situation we're kinda stuck on the DC area.

7 minutes ago, coffeeandtravel said:

I didn't get IDEV, which I kind of expected given I've had a limited amount of work experience in the field, but thrilled nonetheless. Now begins the wait for funding...

Didn't get IDEV either. What concentration would you pick?

15 minutes ago, ZebraFinch said:

Korbel's great! I wanted to apply there but because of my and my spouse's job situation we're kinda stuck on the DC area.

Yeah I am really excited about both of my options right now! Congrats to you on all the acceptances!

Just now, hina234 said:

Didn't get IDEV either. What concentration would you pick?

I think I'm deciding between general IR and Latin American studies...I wrote about LatAm being my backup in my SOP and I've heard it's a good program but I'm not positive yet! You?

2 minutes ago, coffeeandtravel said:

I think I'm deciding between general IR and Latin American studies...I wrote about LatAm being my backup in my SOP and I've heard it's a good program but I'm not positive yet! You?

Definitely the ERE concentration. Kinda bummed I didn't get IDEV, but I talked a lot about environmental policy in my SOP/interview so maybe it's the better fit.

Edited by hina234

Just now, hina234 said:

Definitely the ERE concentration. Kinda bummed I didn't get IDEV, but I talked a lot about environmental policy in my SOP/interview so maybe it's the better fit.

Yeah I was a little bummed too, but I knew it was a stretch for me with my limited experience. From what I've heard, concentration doesn't really matter all that much in terms of job prospects 

Just now, ParisDreams said:

My letter didn't mention my concentration at all :/ anyone else?

It probably only mentions it if you picked IDEV as your concentration.  IDEV is the only concentration that has a cap on the number of students they admit.

1 minute ago, ParisDreams said:

My letter didn't mention my concentration at all :/ anyone else?

I didn't get a concentration, either. My first choice was Middle East studies, so I'm guessing I got into that