Insight on UCSC Anthro?

Potatoes=Love

Hi, so, I am wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear from Santa Cruz regarding admissions to anthropology/if anyone knows of visiting days or such? It seems somewhat late, and when looking at the results page, it seems others have begun to hear? Assuming the worst regarding my application at this point, but would be nice to know...

I'm still waiting as well. Where did you see that others are receiving their results? I checked the portal and it says everything has been submitted, but nothing about the decision.

3 hours ago, Tracyb said:

I haven't heard yet either. Have your application materials been uploaded to that online portal they gave us accounts for? None of mine have yet.

So, on the online portal, it says that my stuff is received and everything. It isn't like I can view the letters or transcript or anything but it says they are complete.

29 minutes ago, RM1 said:

I'm still waiting as well. Where did you see that others are receiving their results? I checked the portal and it says everything has been submitted, but nothing about the decision.

When I checked the results page on grad cafe, it said like 6-7 people had heard. What I am super confused about is they said that they weren't even taking applications for physical this year, but then on the results page like 3-4 people are saying they got admitted to archaeological track? I dunno.

I dunno, I am kind of expecting a rejection, but want to know. Because of the people in the department, it would probably be my first choice, but I have other options and need to know how seriously to take them at this point.

I read through them, it seems like other people in past years have emailed the program coordinator to be told informally of their results. I'm debating giving that a shot, since I also expect a rejection but just want to be told either way by now.

I emailed the department of graduate studies and they gave me a very vague, you'll hear by the end of March. I was kinda surprised it was only like a one line email when my email hadn't really pushed or anything, just noted I needed to know so I could consider other options.

• 2 weeks later...

Me too. I emailed for feedback. I feel like maybe they admitted everyone last month and made us wait? Like to believe that isn't the case.

Time to start actually thinking about my MAPPS admittance I guess...

15 hours ago, Potatoes=Love said:

Me too. I emailed for feedback. I feel like maybe they admitted everyone last month and made us wait? Like to believe that isn't the case.

This is extremely common. Programs send out acceptances first, think about rejections later. I remember when I applied several years ago (and received many rejections), I didn't hear back from some programs until April -- literally months after they had sent out acceptances!