solely to seek a Master's degree of Anthropology

Chong0318

Hi

1. For my planning, I just want solely to seek a Master's degree of Anthropology in US, but it seems most American University are not admitted to that. So far as I know the following schools have master program. Columbia, UCLA, Brandeis,Rutgers. Does anybody know more ?

2. My interest are tourism anthropology and visual, anyone have some idea which school have offers? Thanks !

I think that U Southern California offers an MA in visual anthropology. But you should email the department to check, because the website says they have a PhD track but that isn't true, they did away with that a few years ago.  

6 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

I think that U Southern California offers an MA in visual anthropology. But you should email the department to check, because the website says they have a PhD track but that isn't true, they did away with that a few years ago.  

Thanks for the information!the university is “ Best known for its pioneering role in visual anthropology”.

2 minutes ago, farflung said:

George Washington University offers a terminal MA degree in Anthropology. 

Thanks! Yes, I just checked their web, actually now I have found more state level universities who offer terminal MA degree. like University of Northern Arizona,University of North Texas, Cal State Univ. Long Beach etc. but seems few are strong in tourism ...

Georgia State would be a good choice as well, I have a few friends in my cohort that is interested in visual anth/culture and tourism. You may want to check us out, plus there are opportunities for funding. 

9 hours ago, Bschaefer said:

Georgia State would be a good choice as well, I have a few friends in my cohort that is interested in visual anth/culture and tourism. You may want to check us out, plus there are opportunities for funding. 

Georgia State is your campus? it must be good :P  Visual anth/culture and tourism,that is exactly my taste!  I am going to apply end of this year for 2017 fall study. it will be great if can communicate more with the same interest buddies. Thank you Bschaefer, if you have more info, people or any useful idea, I am more than happy to check them out. 

4 hours ago, rising_star said:

For tourism, take a look at Amanda Stronza at Texas A&M. She's not in the anthropology department there but did her PhD in anthro.

yeah, she is in Dept of recreation, park and tourism, interesting, first time I heard about this department, she seems more focus on ecology and tourism. 

11 hours ago, Chong0318 said:

Georgia State is your campus? it must be good :P  Visual anth/culture and tourism,that is exactly my taste!  I am going to apply end of this year for 2017 fall study. it will be great if can communicate more with the same interest buddies. Thank you Bschaefer, if you have more info, people or any useful idea, I am more than happy to check them out. 

Yup, and no problem, drop me a PM and I can discuss further if you're interested!