Biology subject specific GRE study buddies

rageofanath

I have an opportunity to apply for a zoology grad program, but I will have to take the subject specific GRE since my undergraduate degree was not in Biology. I have been working in a natural history museum since undergrad building my experience, but that means my bio knowledge is rather specialized (taxonomy, anatomy, evolution of the taxa I've worked with) so I haven't needed to know the Krebs cycle or steps of Mitosis since high school. I've been taking a few bio classes on the side, but the other students are on completely different study tracks or way beyond rereading Bio 101 textbooks. The program would be on the specialized things I already know and am working on, but I still have to jump through the hoops everyone else does for admission.

I've already done the general GRE and ended up with good enough scores, though I'm still waiting on the official mailer with my writing scores and percentiles. Now its just subject specific and plugging away on the research I'm doing at the museum.

I'm hoping there are a few people who would like to chat regularly about the sorts of general topics that would be on the test that we all might not have reviewed in a while... even if they're not taking the test and just want to chat about enzymes or horizontal gene transfer, or need to review the topics for a specific class or something.

I've got a giant Bio textbook on my desk to start reading and its a bit daunting to go it alone. :unsure:

Edited by rageofanath