Aspiring Grad student needs advice

Cal1gula

Hi guys, currently I am a 3rd year undergrad student studying in India. I am something of a late bloomer and realized quite late that I want to get into grad school and study in the USA. I have yet to take the GRE and the GRE Subject Test. My grades so far are decent (GPA 3.6). My main concern is my research experience. I have only got a semester's worth of research experience (no publications). In India, research opportunities for undegrads are pretty rare and despite my best efforts, I will most likely be unable to gather further research experience. I do expect strong LORs. Now assuming I do really well on the GRE and the subject test, how much of a chance do I have of getting into a good grad school in the USA? I have a feeling that my chances are pretty low. I am thinking of pursuing a masters in India before I apply for PhD abroad. Would that increase my chances?

Thanks.