Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

Not selected for ETA Germany. However, I was notified yesterday that I've been awarded a DAAD Graduate Study scholarship so I am still overjoyed! Congrats to everyone who was selected! It's been fun lurking on this page for awhile and I wish everyone the best of luck! :)

So who else is still waiting? I know us Ireland folks are and those who are alternate status. 

What other countries are or there still that we can commiserate with on the wait? 

Congrats to all who heard from Germany!

5 minutes ago, Nirerin said:

So who else is still waiting? I know us Ireland folks are and those who are alternate status. 

What other countries are or there still that we can commiserate with on the wait? 

Turkey research and ETA. This wait is so agonizing! 

9 minutes ago, Nirerin said:

Still waiting on Thailand ETA!

2 hours ago, jdarosa said:

Hey everybody

New user, first time poster, just awarded ETA in Colombia for Aug 2017. 

Anyone out there applied for additional funding grants for a Fulbright? Or know of resources where I could look into it? I know the funds' *purpose* can't replicate that of the stipend, so this would be just for research, etc only, not living/miscellaneous, right? Anyone have any insight?

Thanks, and good luck to everyone!

Messaged you!

First post.

ETA Germany!

l just want to post to say thanks for the stress outlet (and sometimes feedback loop) you guys have provided.

To anyone who made it to the semi-finalist round, but didn't make the final cut, don't be disheartened. If you made it to the semi-finalist round, you too were good enough to win the grant. If possible, apply again! This was my second attempt after being a semi-finalist last year. Small tweeks to your application and some more accomplishments on your CV go a long way.

Edited by dsbanis

48 minutes ago, Nirerin said:

Waiting for Fiji - Island time...

1 minute ago, cruxclaire said:

Congrats to @jennymerri, @Imke, and @dsbanis!

Do you guys know when they typically send location assignments? I feel like people have already given me information about that before, but I can't remember anything off the top of my head. 

No, I have no idea, but I'm DYING to know now. I'm kind of assuming they'll send follow-up emails? I'm hoping we won't have to wait until our medical stuff goes through, etc. 

Mongolia just notified. I got the dredded (A). Does anyone know of people who were an alternate and actually ended up getting the grant? How often does that happen? 

Also, not at my computer, so if anyone wants to fill in the spreadsheet for Mongolia, be my guest! This was by far the earliest they've ever notified. I wonder why? But I'm just glad that waiting for my (A) status to change won't be any longer than I'd orriginally planned on waiting!

4 minutes ago, jmhawkin24 said:

So this means we can expect to hear from more East-Asia Pacific countries tomorrow hopefully

Lol, I really hope so. Which country are you waiting on? Half of EAP has been notified so our chances of hearing are going up!

A note to any Germany ETA recipients (and research too, I guess!) who wander this way-- we have a facebook group! It's a good way to connect without spamming this board, since we're a pretty big group. Joinnnn usssssss :D

Edited by Imke

Hey everyone! 

It's been a really long time since I shared the Fulbright Grantee Support Facebook Group on this forum (almost a year in fact), so I wanted to post here now that final notifications are rolling in on schedule, and invite those still waiting as well as those who just found out their status to hop on over to the Facebook group and join our wonderful, growing community of Fulbright applicants, grantees, and alums.

Here's the link! www.facebook.com/groups/fulbrightapplicants 

Hello everyone! First off, congrats to everyone getting their accpetances and fingers crossed for everyone still waiting! I am a current ETA in La Rioja, Spain and one of the Spain Country Representatives for Fulbridge. This is a community of Fulbrighters who are connecting past, present and future ETAs, researchers or interested applicants in the program. If you are interested in seeing what Fulbrighters around the world are teaching and doing, I encourage you to like our Facebook (Fulbridge) and follow our Instagram (@Fulbridge)! We have started doing "ETA of the Month" and "A Day in the Life" posts in addition to lesson catalogs to give people more insight into the variety within Fulbright!

If you have any questions or are a newly selected Fulbrighter interested in getting your country, experience or voice involved, PM me! Thanks!

17 hours ago, Nirerin said:

Still waiting on Morocco Research :wacko: