Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

1 minute ago, daishahistory said:

Is anyone else panicking right now? My email keeps dinging and scaring the crap out of me!

I saw the Finland notified early and was like: Maybe Germany will. Now I want to vomit everything I hear my email go off. Except this makes no sense because I have a special noise for Fulbright emails. YET HERE WE ARE.

2 minutes ago, daishahistory said:

Is anyone else panicking right now? My email keeps dinging and scaring the crap out of me!

Yep.  I'm spending my time refreshing my email (even though it probably wont' be a few more weeks until the UK announces) and contemplating everything I wished I would have said during my interview.

How did you get that? I need to have that happen because I get emails consistently and I will not be able to make it to announcement day for the UK. 

Well, I actually set up a gmail account just for my Fulbright app (for the noise option and peace of mind, like that is happening at all right now), but I think you can also make filters. 

1 minute ago, Dilemma1 said:

Yep.  I'm spending my time refreshing my email (even though it probably wont' be a few more weeks until the UK announces) and contemplating everything I wished I would have said during my interview.

Literally same, lol. Let my illogically obsessive behavior begin!

2 minutes ago, LibbyCreek said:

The UK was just listed as notified! Who knows? 

They listed 3/8...maybe they meant for interview?

2 minutes ago, LibbyCreek said:

The UK was just listed as notified! Who knows? 

I'm confused why it's listed as the 8th?  I haven't received anything. Although I'm double checking now!

2 minutes ago, Horb said:

They listed 3/8...maybe they meant for interview?

Yes, I would like to know too? I think I am just so excited for everyone I want all the notices to come out!

1 minute ago, LibbyCreek said:

You'll love this: my mom found the doc on googlespreadsheet and has been coloring the Hungary row  so she can keep track "for" me. She didn't realize everyone else could see it too. I love my mom :)

I was wondering what that was! That is adorable! 

You'll love this: my mom found the doc on googlespreadsheet and has been coloring the Hungary row  so she can keep track "for" me. She didn't realize everyone else could see it too. I love my mom :)

LOL. I'm not against it staying that way! That is so cute. I was wondering who did that.

That's adorable! Hi to your mom ;)

What is the email heading again so that I can be on the look out? Also, does anyone know if FPA's find out before us again. We are on Spring Break and I was praying he would just tell me instead of an email. 

What is the email heading again so that I can be on the look out? Also, does anyone know if FPA's find out before us again. We are on Spring Break and I was praying he would just tell me instead of an email. 

They find out at the same time. They were Cc'd on my email two years ago. 

The subject line is:  Fulbright Application Status (P),   Fulbright Application Status (A),   or Fulbright Application Status (NS)

1 minute ago, Dilemma1 said:

The subject line is:  Fulbright Application Status (P),   Fulbright Application Status (A),   or Fulbright Application Status (NS)

I still don't get why they must put the status in...like...let me breathe, please.

1 minute ago, Horb said:

I still don't get why they must put the status in...like...let me breathe, please.

Last year I saw the A and completely forgot it meant Alternate (I was thinking Accepted) and for a brief shining moment I was an excited Fulbright Scholar...and then I read the email  lol I'm hoping this year I'll be able to hold onto that feeling for a lot longer!

2 minutes ago, Dilemma1 said:

Last year I saw the A and completely forgot it meant Alternate (I was thinking Accepted) and for a brief shining moment I was an excited Fulbright Scholar...and then I read the email  lol I'm hoping this year I'll be able to hold onto that feeling for a lot longer!

It's partly why I set up my email the way I did. I wanted to know the email is there and be able to take a minute. I did it that way with the semi-final email too.