Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

21 hours ago, Lab6214 said:

I'm new here but I've been reading posts for a few weeks! Also a semifinalist for the Spain ETA and wondering why the research grants were announced but not the ETAs! Good luck everyone, I'm glad J found this forum cuz I am freaking out waiting like you all ?

Probably they just got finished with those sooner, since there are so many fewer research grants. I'm so tempted to call and ask when the ETA awards will be announced

45 minutes ago, Vegan Burrito said:

Probably they just got finished with those sooner, since there are so many fewer research grants. I'm so tempted to call and ask when the ETA awards will be announced

Awesome! Let me know if you do! I listed a preference for Galicia (I've studied Galician!), where are you hoping for placement if you become a finalist?? 

I hope we both get it! 

31 minutes ago, sam89 said:

Congrats to everyone so far! Meanwhile sitting over here just killing time.. 

I've never been so antsy for a work week/Monday to come around. I think I'll put in a few more residency applications to pass the time...

Edited by thepictureisstill

1 hour ago, Stormtrooper1138 said:

Where is everyone a semi-finalist to?

Study/Research in the U.K. (University of Reading)! This is my 3rd year applying, so I'm hoping the U.K. sends out their notifications next week. :)??

5 hours ago, maelia8 said:

@Horb, I really hope we hear from Germany on Monday or Tuesday! Not sure if I can wait much longer ;)

Same! If not this week, I'll implode.

3 hours ago, Stormtrooper1138 said:

Where is everyone a semi-finalist to?

Study/Research in UK (UCL) for History of Art. I feel your pain--I hope the UK answers soon!! 

Research in Poland! I have been unable to keep myself from believing that I will get it, thus daydreaming about all the things I will do when over there! >< A rejection would be devastating at this point :/ 

Here's to the power of positive thinking!! :)

23 hours ago, elbarton said:

Whew, that is actually a huge relief to hear. I had seen a couple of (unsubstantiated) posts either earlier in this thread or last year's that sometimes interviews don't happen but aren't an ominous indication of non-recommendation, but hearing it confirmed definitely helps me breathe a bit more. I'm still hoping to hear news of an interview, but I suppose if one never comes to pass and it all turns out well in the end, I can't complain! 

Best of luck to you, btw. What is the focus of your project/study?

I am applying an MA in Music Education from the Institute of Education at UCL. My focus is alternative practices in English music classrooms. The British system of music education is very holistic and comprehensive, allowing students to study modern popular music, as opposed to the US system which tends to be very focused on ensemble performances. What are you hoping to study/research?

Also best of luck to you!! :)

39 minutes ago, Mossy.artist said:

Research in Poland! I have been unable to keep myself from believing that I will get it, thus daydreaming about all the things I will do when over there! >< A rejection would be devastating at this point :/ 

Here's to the power of positive thinking!! :)

Do you think we will hear about it this week? I'm so scared.

5 minutes ago, AnnMarie said:

Do you think we will hear about it this week? I'm so scared.

I think we will be lucky if we find out this week. I think it might be more likely that we find out early the next week (starting with the 20th). Fingers crossed for this week though! I can't go on this way! 

P.S. How is Outlander going? :)

2 minutes ago, Mossy.artist said:

I think we will be lucky if we find out this week. I think it might be more likely that we find out early the next week (starting with the 20th). Fingers crossed for this week though! I can't go on this way! 

P.S. How is Outlander going? :)

Oh my goodness the anxiety! Why do you think so, though?

And oh my goodness the first book was so good! I got the 2nd one and I've already read half of it!

8 minutes ago, AnnMarie said:

Oh my goodness the anxiety! Why do you think so, though?

And oh my goodness the first book was so good! I got the 2nd one and I've already read half of it!

Well the past two years it has been 3/19 and 3/20. Now that I look at those dates on a calendar I've realized that 4/20 last year was a Sunday! :0 How strange! So going by those, it would make sense for next week to be more likely than this week.

It just gets better and better with each book! So glad you are enjoying the series :D Now you can watch the show too! 

Edited by Mossy.artist
Dates