Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

1 minute ago, LibbyCreek said:

Research. I just cannot believe they gave a Fulbright to a rural 39 year old with kids. It took me 10 years to finish my undergrad... guess I'll have to fake it and act like I belong...

Thanks for the congrats everyone!

Be confident and own it! Congrats

Edited by daishahistory

4 minutes ago, LibbyCreek said:

Research. I just cannot believe they gave a Fulbright to a rural 39 year old with kids. It took me 10 years to finish my undergrad... guess I'll have to fake it and act like I belong...

You do belong! This is what the Fulbright is all about and you've got more real life experience then some of us! :D

CONGRATS!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, LibbyCreek said:

They want Americans of all types and I'm sure you will bring an amazing wealth of knowledge and perspective to your grant time. Congrats again! 

7 minutes ago, Stormtrooper1138 said:

im seriously about to lol just tell us when!!!!!

Just to know if it is today...or tomorrow... I wish they just had a date to tell us when. Sort of like the original notification 

1 minute ago, daishahistory said:

Just to know if it is today...or tomorrow... I wish they just had a date to tell us when. Sort of like the original notification 

It seems like they probably don't know themselves. If they are just waiting for the list of names to come back, they won't know when that is happening. That is my total guess though.

1 minute ago, daishahistory said:

It is really torture! At this point even a week interval would be nice. My country released 3/29 last year, then 3/18 the year before, and 4/7 the year before that so I'm just basically refreshing every day

23 minutes ago, LibbyCreek said:

Also, the masses want to know: did you tell your mom? 

6 minutes ago, chelslinn said:

Made an account just to let you all know that I heard back from Iceland today - alternate. More disappointed than I expected to feel, but that's ok! 

Big ups to all of you for all the emotional support you've provided each other and me throughout this process. Good luck!!

I hope you can get bumped up!  The uncertainty and what-ifs are really sucky :(  Best of luck to you!

8 minutes ago, Horb said:

Also, the masses want to know: did you tell your mom? 

I was on the phone with her (she's been sick so I was checking in) when the email came and we were able to flip out together. 

She told me she would let me update the spreadsheet :)

Thanks for asking!

14 minutes ago, Lab6214 said:

Did you guys see in the spreadsheet that Argentina posted yesterday? If so, I missed the buzz! 

So does this mean that Western Hemisphere decisions are beginning to come out? I'm wondering if it's by region or country, since regions seem to come out in bulk. I'm dying out here!

8 minutes ago, mdct123 said:

So does this mean that Western Hemisphere decisions are beginning to come out? I'm wondering if it's by region or country, since regions seem to come out in bulk. I'm dying out here!

It seems like they are starting, yeah! So exciting!

1 hour ago, LibbyCreek said:

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

2 hours ago, LibbyCreek said:

Well-deserved! Get down witcha bad self! Congrats :)