Some news!

Ilikekitties

Hi all. I've posted on here about my frustration with my admissions cycle this year (1 admit out of 11, but poor funding; still waiting on one program) and I have some potentially good news. I've been offered an English teaching position at a university in China for the 2016/17 year. It doesn't pay much, but it's something.

Thoughts on this? As of this moment, my options are teaching in China or taking out buttloads of loans for a MA program. I also have another job interview in two weeks for a job in the US working with a non-profit (pay isn't great either, but like China, it's enough if I budget).

Peanut,

Can you elaborate on what you want to study in graduate school? Do you have a specific geographic interest? 

I only mention it because it might help us provide some input. In the mean time, congratulations on your movement on multiple fronts, that's really exciting! 

Thanks! I want to study human-animal relationships. I'm not wedded to a particular area geographically, but I know Spanish and French and I studied abroad in Costa Rica.

I'm totally open to leaning Chinese and experiencing a new culture.