Film/Cinema Studies

I was rejected (via website) from the program at Madison yesterday. No word yet from NYU, Chicago, Yale, or Irvine, although someone posted today that they received an Irvine rejection by post (postmarked March 1). I'm on the east coast, so I'll be looking for something from them in a day or two...

Guest Guest

I'm glad to hear Brown's finally sending out letters. I talked someone at USC, and they were finalizing their decisions a week or so ago. It seems like Iowa has made their decisions as well. It's about time.

Rejected at Chicago...I am so sad. Oh well, one down, two to go.

I'm in the Southeast...just so you know when to expect your letter.

Still no word from Brown. I don't get it...how long does it take mail to come from RI?

I'm beginning to wonder if that lone Brown post was legit. Any thoughts?

Still no word from Brown. I don't get it...how long does it take mail to come from RI?

I'm beginning to wonder if that lone Brown post was legit. Any thoughts?

If you're applying to a Ph.D. program, I'm pretty sure that this is the way notifications work: If they want you, you'll receive a call or e-mail before any type of official notification-i.e. you'll be the first to know. If you're rejected, you will hear nothing until a thin envelope arrives in the mail. If you've passed through the first round of cuts/notifications, or are placed on a waiting list, you will hear nothing until a final decision is made.

At this point, if you haven't heard anything (and I'm in the same boat here for my two remaining schools), it's not looking good. I think we all know this, but just choose to pretend otherwise.

What about Tisch...any ideas about when should we expect to hear from them? Anyone? I can't believe that they have had my application since December and I still haven't heard a peep.

Me too....I was notified that I was "shortlisted" at the end of February and did a phone interview that I thought went well. But I haven't heard a peep since then, so I'm not optimistic (especially because I'm pretty sure the guy said decisions would go out March 10 and that there was a visiting event for admitted people). But then, where's the rejection?

aaaaaaaaargh

I don't know about you guys, but I am over the wait! If nothing works out for me this year, I'll have to think long and hard before I do this to myself again next year. This whole process has been miserable.

Guest Guest

Dont give up yet. You will eventually find out where you stand. For me, I'm changing careers. I guess Im going through a mid-life crisis. I decided it doesn't matter if I got in a Masters or 2nd Bachelors program, the important thing is I get in somewhere and change my career and my life. I have gotten in one school for BFA in Animation (which is my #2) and now Im waiting on my other school for a decision in MFA which is my #1. Either way I have accomplished something.