Accept offer before the 15th or wait for others?

I've been admitted to Northeastern's PhD in CS program with a fellowship offer that I need to accept by the 15th by paying a $100 deposit by that date. The problem is I'm still waiting to hear from USC and NYU Tandon. NEU has also asked me to send an email confirmation by the 15th. I'm really unsure as to what to do. I don't want to wait past the deadline and lose the amazing offer that NEU has made but I also don't want to commit to NEU and then find out I got into one of the other two (I know it's unlikely to receive funding this late but you never know). If I pay the deposit and confirm by email (I can send the corresponding signed official offer acceptance documents later), can I then change my decision? If anyone has been through similar experiences, please help! Thanks.

Remember that you are only paying a $100 deposit to NEU. You are by no means bound to go there. How bad is it really to put in a $100 deposit to ensure a place at a university? Worst case you go to NEU. Best case you get a better offer from one of the other schools and are only out $100. I know money is tight as a grad student, but it is better to pay the deposit and know  you will be a student then to not pay in and possibly NOT be a student.

12 minutes ago, DealBreakerC said:

Remember that you are only paying a $100 deposit to NEU. You are by no means bound to go there. How bad is it really to put in a $100 deposit to ensure a place at a university? Worst case you go to NEU. Best case you get a better offer from one of the other schools and are only out $100. I know money is tight as a grad student, but it is better to pay the deposit and know  you will be a student then to not pay in and possibly NOT be a student.

I disagree with this, with an exception below. If you intend to pursue a graduate degree, it is very bad form to commit to a program and then change your mind afterwards. You will burn bridges at NEU by doing this. Forfeiting the $100 deposit doesn't make up for it. 

Instead, what you should do is contact USC and NYU Tandon now. Find out if they plan on admitting students after April 15. What @Ignis said may be true---all these programs might have already finished making decisions and have not yet rejected people, so then you can safely accept NEU's offer. 

However, if they tell you that they do plan to make offers after April 15, which is normal because almost every school will give initial candidates until April 15 to decide so it's only after April 15 that they can fill vacancies, then you should talk to NEU and ask for an extension so that you can hear back from the other two schools.

Now, only if you know there is a chance you can be admitted after April 15 from the other schools and NEU refuses to give you an extension, then DealBreakerC's advice makes sense. At this point, although backing out of your commitment will still hurt you, there isn't really an alternate choice. I just would not advise accepting an offer with the intention of reneging it until you've tried all these other options first.