• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello, I read your comment at the results section. I am a MA applicant of the same programme at HSS. Which department did you apply to? I have been told that for PhD students, my department in HSS has already communicated their offer and waitlist offers as early as the end of last month. I am waiting for my outcome.

I applied to both NUS and NTU (psychology phd). I have already received offer from NUS one month or so ago, with full scholarship. However, NTU has put me on a waitlist. I knew that they have already sent out the first batch of offer in March.

I am under the impression that the more one's application is on hold - the more likely it would be accepted in the end? Rejections are communicated swiftly (I had a rejection a day after my interview once) and it would be unfair for one to suffer an anxious wait for 6 months only to find out one's application got rejected (NTU's deadline was 15 Nov - so it's 5 months and counting)

23 hours ago, khpy1azn said:

I applied to both NUS and NTU (psychology phd). I have already received offer from NUS one month or so ago, with full scholarship. However, NTU has put me on a waitlist. I knew that they have already sent out the first batch of offer in March.

I havn't received any waitlist and rejection yet from NTU.

8 hours ago, roboticx said:

Anybody here applied for NTU PhD in Mechanical  Engineering and waiting for the results? When the results may be out?

Hi roboticx,

I am also waiting for the result now. 
When did you receive the call for interview?

21 hours ago, waklu said:

I am under the impression that the more one's application is on hold - the more likely it would be accepted in the end? Rejections are communicated swiftly (I had a rejection a day after my interview once) and it would be unfair for one to suffer an anxious wait for 6 months only to find out one's application got rejected (NTU's deadline was 15 Nov - so it's 5 months and counting)

hi waklu ,

pls see your inbox

23 minutes ago, Ardent_PhD said:

Hi roboticx,

I am also waiting for the result now. 
When did you receive the call for interview?

I didn't receive any interview calls from NTU thus far. I contacted the department today and got reply that they are still reviewing the applications. They didn't say when they will communicate the decisions. You received any call for Interview?

55 minutes ago, roboticx said:

I didn't receive any interview calls from NTU thus far. I contacted the department today and got reply that they are still reviewing the applications. They didn't say when they will communicate the decisions. You received any call for Interview?

Yep I was called for interview since November and still haven't got any response till now.

I emailed my division last week they told me that the application process is still in processing and I have to wait until end April/early May.

Thanks Ardent_PhD :) . Does IGS dept is more selective than the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at NTU? I was interviewed for IGS PhD program in March but was rejected soon even though I found a great fit with a Professor's research. I was told that the IGS school is prestigious and very selective among NTU departments. How true is that ?

8 hours ago, roboticx said:

Thanks Ardent_PhD :) . Does IGS dept is more selective than the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at NTU? I was interviewed for IGS PhD program in March but was rejected soon even though I found a great fit with a Professor's research. I was told that the IGS school is prestigious and very selective among NTU departments. How true is that ?

Hi roboticx,

actually i dont know much about IGS bcuz I am kinda humanities person haha. I dont know much about science. 

3 hours ago, Ardent_PhD said:

Psychology is in the school of HSS right?

Do you have any friends who get accepted from the school of HSS yet?

I have heard that many/most supervisors' prospective students have not yet gotten accepted, but this information could be outdated.

2 hours ago, Ardent_PhD said:

OMG, I havn't received mine yet. Very nervous.

Who is the sender ? The ntu graduate studies office , right?

The sender is "Graduate Admissions (Research), Office of Admissions and Financial Aid".

2 hours ago, Ardent_PhD said:

Congrats to youuuuuuuuuuuuu

Thanks, but I will be going to NUS... All the best to you!

On 20/4/2559 at 9:59 PM, roboticx said:

Received any result yet?

On 23/4/2016 at 7:59 AM, Ardent_PhD said:

Received any result yet?

I enquired the MAE Administration about my application status. Today I received that " Thank you for your email.  We regret to inform that your application is currently not shortlisted by any professor.  Meanwhile, your application will be kept in our common pool for faculty review.  If the faculty is interested in your application, they will contact you.Regards,MAE Graduate Studies Unit". Does it means I am rejected ? or waitlisted?