Anyone got no acceptances?

I actually Applied to a MS of Deaf Education as a back-up plan. Just got off the waitlist there. I mean not Ideal since I wanted to get my MS to be an SLP more than anything, but it is a good alternative for me. I'll try again in a few years maybe. Also as a heads up SUNY Cortland has a deadline of July 1st for Speech if you're interested

2 hours ago, abbielizx3 said:

I actually Applied to a MS of Deaf Education as a back-up plan. Just got off the waitlist there. I mean not Ideal since I wanted to get my MS to be an SLP more than anything, but it is a good alternative for me. I'll try again in a few years maybe. Also as a heads up SUNY Cortland has a deadline of July 1st for Speech if you're interested

I currently attend SUNY Cortland if you have any questions about the program 

53 minutes ago, kpm121 said:

I currently attend SUNY Cortland if you have any questions about the program 

I have so many haha! Mostly about when did you hear back? I submitted my app in like January and haven't heard anything! I almost went for Undergrad but decided to stay closer to home, I was impressed with their undergrad facilities though

Hey guys, I just wanted to say don't give up! This was my third time applying and I finally got in! I actually got accepted to 3 schools. If this is something you truly want then keep at it. Improve your app by getting volunteer experience, rewrite that SOP, and reconnect with those LOR. It's totally possible to do if you put your heart into it! I wish you guys the best in the future. I know it's hard not getting accepted (I've been there) but be positive and don't feel like a failure because you're not! So so so many people get rejected before accepted :)

18 hours ago, Slp123* said:

Hey guys, I just wanted to say don't give up! This was my third time applying and I finally got in! I actually got accepted to 3 schools. If this is something you truly want then keep at it. Improve your app by getting volunteer experience, rewrite that SOP, and reconnect with those LOR. It's totally possible to do if you put your heart into it! I wish you guys the best in the future. I know it's hard not getting accepted (I've been there) but be positive and don't feel like a failure because you're not! So so so many people get rejected before accepted :)

Really so happy for you! And I really appreciate you posting your experience on threads like these. Gives me hope :) This is my second cycle applying, and my first cycle all I got was rejections and a super-vague, kind-of-waitlist but not really from my alma matter. I was absolutely crushed. But I beefed up my experience and landed three waitlists this cycle. And if rejection comes, I think I'll be okay with it. I'll just have to put in a lot more work and start even earlier on apps and hope that Fall 2017 is my cycle if I don't hear back about waitlists in the next few weeks.

28 minutes ago, mbf said:

Really so happy for you! And I really appreciate you posting your experience on threads like these. Gives me hope :) This is my second cycle applying, and my first cycle all I got was rejections and a super-vague, kind-of-waitlist but not really from my alma matter. I was absolutely crushed. But I beefed up my experience and landed three waitlists this cycle. And if rejection comes, I think I'll be okay with it. I'll just have to put in a lot more work and start even earlier on apps and hope that Fall 2017 is my cycle if I don't hear back about waitlists in the next few weeks.

Did you get into Midwestern in AZ? I heard they accepted many people with low GPA and GRE scores. Wish I had applied.

I didn't get accepted to any of the schools I had applied too for Fall 2016. :/ The plan is to continue working as an ABA therapist and taking some online post-bac classes from USU in a few weeks. It's not grad school, but I'm really excited to get into the school grind and hopefully show admissions how dedicated I am to getting into the field during the next admissions cycle! :)  

It's my first year applying to graduate schools and I applied to 14. I got rejected to all of them. It broke my spirit so much that I do not think I will continue with SLP and I'm looking to do my MPH and already got accepted to some online programs. I guess this isn't where I'm meant to be. 

On 2016. 4. 19. at 6:49 AM, Slp123* said:

Can I ask you about how you contacted and asked for letter writers to rewrite LORs?

I am waitlisted at 2 schools(rejected from all other schools), and thinking about preparing for next round. However, since I have graduated, I have no idea about how to contact and keep the relationship with letter writers. :( 

4 hours ago, Cookie Hall said:

It's my first year applying to graduate schools and I applied to 14. I got rejected to all of them. It broke my spirit so much that I do not think I will continue with SLP and I'm looking to do my MPH and already got accepted to some online programs. I guess this isn't where I'm meant to be. 

I applied to 13 and was rejected from all as well. Im sorry to see you upset i feel the same way

On April 20, 2016 at 0:29 PM, mbf said:

My first year I got all rejections, second year 2 wait lists, and finally got in the 3rd time! But thank you! :) I just wanted to share because I know how frustrating it can be and how much you wanna say screw it and give up. But you can totally do it! I got into 3 schools with a 3.1 so if I can do it you can too! And I really hope those wait lists turn into acceptances for you. Maybe you can email and express your continued interest in their program and maybe that will give you a leg up!

23 hours ago, hanaidn said:

Can I ask you about how you contacted and asked for letter writers to rewrite LORs?

I am waitlisted at 2 schools(rejected from all other schools), and thinking about preparing for next round. However, since I have graduated, I have no idea about how to contact and keep the relationship with letter writers. :( 

I feel ya. I've been out of school for 2 years now. I wanted to keep 2 academic letters since most schools prefer that, so I wrote a letter to my previous 2 LORs and said why I want to continue school and what I have to offer and asked them to please write me another letter. And the 3rd letter came from my current job. I definitely recommend reaching out early, and maybe even meeting with them beforehand to just refresh them on what you've been up to. Most professors expect to write LORs so it's not a bother to them even if you've graduated 

Don't give up yet if you're still on some waitlists! I was rejected from nine schools with only two waitlists and I just got off of one yesterday! I had already started applying for other jobs! Everything will work out for the best, and you might even beat the odds and still get into grad school this cycle!

10 hours ago, hpgenomix said:

Do you guys recommend using the same letter writers and the same recommendations from a previous admission cycle or will schools not think highly of that?

I used one of my same LOR writers, but changed the other two for a prof I TA'd for and a prof I had for 3 consecutive semesters and had built a relationship with. I don't think it's a problem, though, to use the same LOR writers if they know you best and can speak mostly highly of your abilities. 

Edited by cosmicmorgan

11 hours ago, Slp123* said:

My first year I got all rejections, second year 2 wait lists, and finally got in the 3rd time! But thank you! :) I just wanted to share because I know how frustrating it can be and how much you wanna say screw it and give up. But you can totally do it! I got into 3 schools with a 3.1 so if I can do it you can too! And I really hope those wait lists turn into acceptances for you. Maybe you can email and express your continued interest in their program and maybe that will give you a leg up!

I've done that with 2/3, both said they would be in contact should any changes happen, and one of them said regardless of a spot or not I would hear in about a month. Staying hopeful though!

On April 22, 2016 at 9:59 AM, mbf said:

Do you mind me asking what programs you applied to? My GPA is not far off from yours, and my situation as of year 2 is exactly the same.

I got into mercy college, Molloy college, and new paltz. All in ny. You just have to do a ton of research on what requirements colleges have for gpas and gres. I suggest going to asha Edfind to find a program that matches you. Then email and ask about your chances. It's def harder with a lower gpa but you can do it!!

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:42 AM, mbf said:

If it is truly what you want to do, re-vamp your application and look into some less competitive schools for next cycle. a LOT of people don't get in their first round, some their second, and some even their third. I know how expensive it can be, so do some good research and think about applying to fewer schools, but really research their stats and make sure they match your stats. Contact and tour before application cycles, mention who you met/what you saw and why they/that sway/s you to attend that school in your papers. Read through this site and find solace in others' success stories after their first/second/third rejection.

I'm not assuming you didn't do this for this cycle so I'm sorry if it comes off that way, but if you want to be an SLP, don't quit just because rejection hurts. It may not be where you meant to be right now. That doesn't mean you won't/shouldn't ever end up there.

Well I was accepted into my back up plan 14 months masters degree, so I will be in school still for another year and then probably work in that field for a year or so before reapplying. All my schools were actually on the less competitive end, and most people from my university actually didn't get in anywhere (not sure if its my schools rep) because a lot of people have fantastic GPAs. I'm kind of discouraged because I know my GPA isn't strong although my resume and GREs were, but maybe at some other point but, I'm just going to finish my masters in Deaf Education, and maybe reapply

On April 24, 2016 at 8:38 AM, Slp123* said:

I got into mercy college, Molloy college, and new paltz. All in ny. You just have to do a ton of research on what requirements colleges have for gpas and gres. I suggest going to asha Edfind to find a program that matches you. Then email and ask about your chances. It's def harder with a lower gpa but you can do it!!

Hi SLP123, do you mind saying which college you are going?