Does anyone have advice on what to do after April 15th and there is still no notification? The last update I got was my application was sent to a prospective faculty member for review and was given the recommendation to contact the faculty member. I have contacted this faculty member, but have not heard anything from them. It sounds like my chances are not good, but have not received a rejection. Should I try contacting the faculty member again since its after the 15th? This is super annoying as I sent in the application on December 15th. I cannot wait around forever. Thanks in advance!

How long ago did you try getting in touch with the POI? If I were in your shoes, I might try emailing/calling again, and/or contacting the program admin/grad advisor, but only after giving them at least a week to get back to me (people are busy, especially this time of the year), and only if I had a pressing reason (another program that needs a response/job application/offer/etc) to find out ASAP. . 

1 hour ago, GradSchoolTruther said:

People really need to understand the April 15 deadline only applies to replying to funding offers. Programs are under no obligation to make decisions before April 15.

True, but programs tend to adhere to these deadlines because a well-qualified applicant might have funded offers from other programs, and those programs will generally require notice of acceptance by April 15.

Whether a program likes it a not, they have to consider an April 15th deadline.