Saint Louis University Question

Hoping2bPhD

Hello friends,

I'm hoping you can help me decide if Saint Louis University's Biomedical PhD program is good enough to settle for.  I've applied many places for a PhD in tumor biology and unfortunately, SLU is the only acceptance I've gained.  Have you heard anything about SLU's Biomedical PhD program?  I'm tempted to wait it out and reapply next year if SLU won't provide me with a competitive degree. 

Edited by Hoping2bPhD

6 hours ago, Hoping2bPhD said:

Hello friends,

I'm hoping you can help me decide if Saint Louis University's Biomedical PhD program is good enough to settle for.  I've applied many places for a PhD in tumor biology and unfortunately, SLU is the only acceptance I've gained.  Have you heard anything about SLU's Biomedical PhD program?  I'm tempted to wait it out and reapply next year if SLU won't provide me with a competitive degree. 

I was actually on the 2nd interview weekend, so perhaps we met. I was torn between SLU and Notre Dame but I'm more infectious disease stuff. I was happy with the stipend and the type of research being done there. I didn't notice any red flags and funding is pretty secure. In the end I chose Notre Dame but it was a tough choice. If you feel there are 3 professors whose work you can see yourself doing then I say go for it. It's hard enough getting into a program in the first place and there's no guarantee you will get in next year. You can message me if you wanna get into specifics of the program. I think ABC is actually going there, but I'm not sure they check the forum anymore. 

15 hours ago, Gram Neutral said:

I was actually on the 2nd interview weekend, so perhaps we met. I was torn between SLU and Notre Dame but I'm more infectious disease stuff. I was happy with the stipend and the type of research being done there. I didn't notice any red flags and funding is pretty secure. In the end I chose Notre Dame but it was a tough choice. If you feel there are 3 professors whose work you can see yourself doing then I say go for it. It's hard enough getting into a program in the first place and there's no guarantee you will get in next year. You can message me if you wanna get into specifics of the program. I think ABC is actually going there, but I'm not sure they check the forum anymore. 

Thanks for the advice Gram Neutral!  Good luck at Notre Dame, they'll be lucky to have you.