Anyone not accepted into Any program?

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone besides me wasn't accepted into any program? I applied to UChicago, Brown, CMU-Heinz, and Georgetown. Still waiting on Georgetown although Im obviously not too confident still. Just wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation, curious to know what you think you need to improve on next cycle.

Did you apply straight out of undergrad? If so, that may be the reason, as UChicago, Heinz, and Georgetown (not sure on Brown) all seem to strongly prefer applicants with at least 1-2 years of work experience. You may want to go for Peace Corps, Teach for America, or some other position to get the experience and reapply if you're graduating just this year.

Edited by AAAAAAAA

• 5 weeks later...

Whenever I get an inquiry from a prospective client who was rejected from every school, nearly every single time the main problem was one application weakness (low GPA, low years of work experience, or low GRE) combined with mediocre essays. I have rarely seen an applicant with stellar essays get rejected from every school when they apply with "good enough" scores in other areas. I suggest having some friends, colleagues, or trusted contacts review your essays (or entire application for that matter) to see if they agree with my theory and if it applies in your case.

• 3 weeks later...

Kaneisha maybe hit the nail on the head. Did my first round of apps and got accepted to 0/4. Reworked my essays and asked my recommenders to stiffen up their letters a bit, then got accepted to 3/3 the following year.