what happens exactly on April 15th?

rocket

Hi,

what do I exactly have to do before April 15th? Is it just to send a "Yes, I will enter to your PhD. Program" or a "No, I will not enter to your program"? Or am I supposed to send some other material related to visa, official certificates, etc before April 15th?

What about before April 15? I mean I have to answer a univ. offer within a week, but still waiting answer from 7 more.. I got accepted by my fav. univ. but financial aid is unsure at this time.. can I accept the offer of other univ. and then say no I am not coming incase of getting financial aid from my fav. school.

Are they a member of the Council of Graduate Schools (CGS)? Does the offer that you have include a financial award (assistantship, fellowship, or scholarship)? If yes to both, you shouldn't be required to answer before April 15.

That said, decisions are kinda non-binding before April 15. So you could accept at the school that's admitted you and later change your mind.

What about before April 15? I mean I have to answer a univ. offer within a week, but still waiting answer from 7 more.. I got accepted by my fav. univ. but financial aid is unsure at this time.. can I accept the offer of other univ. and then say no I am not coming incase of getting financial aid from my fav. school.

I have said that I am accepting your offer by e-mail but they asked me to send them my signed agreement by fax or email.. They said that it is enough to write "I accept your offer" and sign it.. Would that be something binding me to that university.. I accepted them but I am still waiting 7 more answers and my fav. school has also accepted me but I am waiting funding for going to that..

I do not think that signing an agreement phrase be binding but I should be sure about it..

by the way, in the offer letter they sent, it was told that any preliminary decision made may be reversed without consequence up until April 15th..

you are right but I am not sure about it.. Indeed, the only financial aid I am offered is from them,

but of course in case of getting funding from one of my fav. school I will inform them immediately..

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use