My grad application status for university of Maryland  says " decision ready-awaiting documentation" what does this mean? Should I contact grad school ? 

Also I was recommended for admission by department but my gpa is below a 3.0, will grad school automatically reject me? Any experience with UMD ? 

2 minutes ago, Tona said:

My grad application status for university of Maryland  says " decision ready-awaiting documentation" what does this mean? Should I contact grad school ? 

Also I was recommended for admission by department but my gpa is below a 3.0, will grad school automatically reject me? Any experience with UMD ? 

I'd contact the school. It rarely hurts to ask, especially if you've already been recommended for admission.

As per your second line of questions, it depends on the school. It's a school's own prerogative how anal they are about metrics, but generally, graduate college admissions are more lax than program admissions. In most cases, admission by the graduate college is a formality.

But, as I said, it depends on the school. I have no experience with UMD, so I cannot comment specifically.

Thank you @Neist 

I am going to email the grad school . I didn't even think I had a chance but I applied anyway but ever since I got the email recommending me for admission, I have been on edge! Thanks again for your advice!