Will my course load look good?

Hello! I am planning on applying to MPP/MPA programs this fall. My question is: will one lower-division and two upper-division statistics courses, plus a lower division economics course look good for top programs? My GPA will be above a 3.7. 

Your course load will be fine. As in, your courseload would look probably sufficient to complete the necessary quantitative prereqs. But not really anything above and beyond, or anything that would seem impressive to an adcomm. 

Do you plan to get work experience before you apply?

On May 6, 2016 at 3:08 AM, monocle said:

Your course load will be fine. As in, your courseload would look probably sufficient to complete the necessary quantitative prereqs. But not really anything above and beyond, or anything that would seem impressive to an adcomm. 

Do you plan to get work experience before you apply?

I have work experience that is low level management, multiple internships/positions that involved policy, and leadership positions at my university now. I plan to apply straight out of undergrad, as I am a nontraditional student with lived experience who is slightly older than traditional university students.

Edited by HelloItsMe

6 hours ago, HelloItsMe said:

I have work experience that is low level management, multiple internships/positions that involved policy, and leadership positions at my university now. I plan to apply straight out of undergrad, as I am a nontraditional student with lived experience who is slightly older than traditional university students.

Then you're fine. Good luck!

More than adequate. In fact, you'll be ahead of more than a few applicants. If you really want to knock some socks off, take a linear algebra course in addition to your current coursework (but only if you feel that you can handle it, don't mess up your GPA over something that's optional!)