Employment

I'm looking for a part time job (evening and weekends) till I go to school. Are there any jobs in the field that will help me acquire skills that will improve my chances for getting into school.

Have you looked into positions as an ABA therapist for children with autism? Those positions are usually very flexible with hours! Only down side is they may want you to commit at least six months. I have been an ABA therapist during my last year as an undergrad, and it was only 9 hours a week. I'm fairly certain it helped me get into the program I got into! It is a great experience and would look good on a resume for any job really. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Hi my2kids,

Have you looked into tutoring English online? My company is hiring online English tutors for the summer. This would be an excellent opportunity to practice SLP methodologies in accent modification with regards to teaching students how to pronounce words accurately in a North American accent. We're looking for tutors to teach any time between Monday and Saturday from 6 AM to 10 AM EST. You set your own availability and teach only the time slots that you are available. Depending on what you have going on during the day, you can squeeze in a couple of sessions in the morning before starting the rest of your day. Find out more at http://gveoe.com/tutor.html.

CK

I'm looking for ABA Therapy positions while I apply for schools this year.

However, you can look over at your local park district's website and see if they have a Special Recreation program. I worked as part of an inclusion team for a year and during the summers, basically hanging out with children with developmental disabilities and making sure they're having a good time with their peers.