Genetic Counseling Fall 2017 Applicants

KT123

@GCInTraining, that is awful! Glad you are ok.

What is everyone doing today? I had a bachelorette party last night, but had the foresight to drink a lot of water and stop for empanadas on my way home, so feeling pretty good today! I think I am going to run to the grocery store and try to bake something today - will keep me busy, and also get a snack at the end, so win win. I also thought about going to see a movie in the theatre for a few hours of not being able to check my phone or think about things. 

58 minutes ago, Darwin said:

What is everyone doing today? I had a bachelorette party last night, but had the foresight to drink a lot of water and stop for empanadas on my way home, so feeling pretty good today! I think I am going to run to the grocery store and try to bake something today - will keep me busy, and also get a snack at the end, so win win. I also thought about going to see a movie in the theatre for a few hours of not being able to check my phone or think about things. 

@Darwin  I slept in as late as I could. I plan on taking my dog to the dog park in a little bit, do some laundry, catch up on Suits, and clean up/organize my apartment because my boyfriend is moving in this week. Baked goods sound good... you may have convinced me to make some brownies today now!

I'll be cleaning the apartment today in hopes of being too busy to worry. Usually I'll set up something on HBO on my phone and go room to room.

I really want to just keep talking about plans with my husband. But any time we're facing down a huge life change he wants to just clam up and wait it out. 

5 hours ago, Darwin said:

I went to the gym and cleaned out my van. I'm dropping on of my kiddos off with my mom then going to a friend's birthday party. Gonna eat so much Mexican food and drink margaritas very moderately because i am an Old.

Oh and I need to buy new phone chargers because 3 of my roommates went out of town together yesterday and mistakenly took all the chargers in the house. Obviously this is a disaster.

I've been waiting months for tomorrow - almost a year, really - and suddenly feel not ready. What happens tomorrow is final; no more anxiety or uncertainty, but also no more conjecture or hope. Yikes.

Maybe I *will* go ahead and have a second or third margarita.

1 hour ago, Ultrapeaches said:

I went to the gym and cleaned out my van. I'm dropping on of my kiddos off with my mom then going to a friend's birthday party. Gonna eat so much Mexican food and drink margaritas very moderately because i am an Old.

Oh and I need to buy new phone chargers because 3 of my roommates went out of town together yesterday and mistakenly took all the chargers in the house. Obviously this is a disaster.

I've been waiting months for tomorrow - almost a year, really - and suddenly feel not ready. What happens tomorrow is final; no more anxiety or uncertainty, but also no more conjecture or hope. Yikes.

Maybe I *will* go ahead and have a second or third margarita.

Greetings, I am also an Old who will be drinking at least three glasses of wine tonight in solidarity with you. We can do this! 

100% agree with @adragonisnoslave! Definitely have appreciated reading all the posts so far, you guys are such a funny and genuine group, I'm so excited for tomorrow! Even though I also wanna throw up... I can't wait to hear from everyone & bask in everyone's successes! Here's to much good news tomorrow :D! 

Good luck to everyone! I've been freaking out over here. I thought I had my ranking figured out but I'm starting to second-guess everything. We'll see what happens...

41 minutes ago, Gorays39 said:

Good luck to everyone! I've been freaking out over here. I thought I had my ranking figured out but I'm starting to second-guess everything. We'll see what happens...

I too consistently find myself second guessing. I think it's very easy to due to the fear of the unknown. It's such a big decision that all of us will be facing tomorrow. I'm probably not helping at all with your second guessing, but just know you're not the only one!

Also I too am very thankful for everyone here and wish everyone the best of luck both tomorrow and with sleeping tonight.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!! I can't wait to see where everyone ends up and if I will meet some future classmates through this. I'm so excited/anxious/nervous. I've been sick to my stomach all weekend but I am so relieved that the day is almost here! We've almost made it! The finish line is so close. 

4 hours ago, minja134 said:

I think it's very easy to due to the fear of the unknown.

So true! My only shot is OSU, and I dreamt last night that they called me. Except whoever called me mumbled every time they told me the decision. In the dream, I ended the call and still had no closure. It was terrible!

And I actually have a solid Plan B if I need to reapply next year! I'm not worried about the decision at all! I JUST WANT TO KNOW!!!!

13 minutes ago, Darwin said:

HOW IS TIME MOVING SO SLOWLY

No one has contacted me yet! Probably because it is 7 am!

This reminds me of giving birth; I waited and waited and waited and while I knew intellectually that all babies come out, there was part of me that didn't quite believe that it would actually happen for me. It seemed too grand, too fantastic. Finally, when my son was crowning and we could all see his head, I thought, "I think this might actually happen! I'm gonna have a baby!"

I know that all my schools agreed to contact me today, but some part of me doesn't believe that they will, for the same reason. 

I wonder how the program directors feel right now.

12 minutes ago, Ultrapeaches said:

No one has contacted me yet! Probably because it is 7 am!

This reminds me of giving birth; I waited and waited and waited and while I knew intellectually that all babies come out, there was part of me that didn't quite believe that it would actually happen for me. It seemed too grand, too fantastic. Finally, when my son was crowning and we could all see his head, I thought, "I think this might actually happen! I'm gonna have a baby!"

I know that all my schools agreed to contact me today, but some part of me doesn't believe that they will, for the same reason. 

I wonder how the program directors feel right now.

Haha! I imagine they'd like to alleviate our anxiety ASAP but I'm too scared to expect anything right now. Regardless if it's a call or an email, I just want it now... I've never felt so nervous for a day before!! 

God this day. Refreshing email and praying not to see one. Waiting desperately for a phone call.

My brain did the thing where I kept "waking up" but wasn't actually awake. I cycled through about six versions of my bedroom (increasingly nightmarish scenarios around me) before finally waking up. 

My day started off with my boss calling me telling me he is sick and in the hospital so I had to get into work early to call and cancel all the patients. One of the patients I called, we had the wrong number for and the lady I called was so angry I called her at 730am and woke up up :-) woopsies just trying to do my job. Hoping the rest of my incoming and outgoing calls today are more positive! I have tummy cramps im so nervous!

At my old job the schedulers knew that, if they called and woke me up, I would agree to whatever they wanted just to get them off of the phone so I could go back to sleep. This often meant going to work at 6am instead of 4pm with no warning. I was terrified that I would accidentally make a decision if a program called me and I wasn't awake. So I figured the best thing to do would be to get up before any possible phone calls. I'm on the west coast and interviewed with eastern programs.

Last nights dreams...ugh. One of my dreams the schools had agreed that I was a poor enough candidate that I should have just assumed I wasn't getting in, and none of them were going to waste time contacting me. Thanks, Subconscious.

35 minutes ago, GCFaith92 said:

My day started off with my boss calling me telling me he is sick and in the hospital so I had to get into work early to call and cancel all the patients. One of the patients I called, we had the wrong number for and the lady I called was so angry I called her at 730am and woke up up :-) woopsies just trying to do my job. Hoping the rest of my incoming and outgoing calls today are more positive! I have tummy cramps im so nervous!

That sounds awful!! I hate talking on the phone so much anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Gadgette said:

At my old job the schedulers knew that, if they called and woke me up, I would agree to whatever they wanted just to get them off of the phone so I could go back to sleep. This often meant going to work at 6am instead of 4pm with no warning. I was terrified that I would accidentally make a decision if a program called me and I wasn't awake. So I figured the best thing to do would be to get up before any possible phone calls. I'm on the west coast and interviewed with eastern programs.

Last nights dreams...ugh. One of my dreams the schools had agreed that I was a poor enough candidate that I should have just assumed I wasn't getting in, and none of them were going to waste time contacting me. Thanks, Subconscious.

Ahahaha omg. This reminds me of when I was in high school and applied to my dream school... in my dream I died, and they sent my parents a letter letting them know that had I lived I would have been rejected. ?

Edited by adragonisnoslave

No sleep either.  I keep panicking the minute I hear my email update on my phone. I'm waiting to hear back from one program so in my mind I've already gone over all the possible outcomes. But still if I'm being rejected I'd rather know asap so I can stop being nervous