Genetic Counseling Fall 2017 Applicants

KT123

9 minutes ago, kbash said:

Got a rejection email from Thomas Jefferson..they were my least favorite of all the places I applied and definitely didn't have a good "vibe" with any of the staff there, so definitely no hard feelings...haha. It is a bit rough that the FIRST thing I hear back is a rejection..oh well.. 3 more to hear back from!

When did you hear back from Jefferson?

2 minutes ago, atx09 said:

Anyone who interviewed at Emory or VCU remember about how much cost of living was? I lost my pros and cons list! :(

I don't know the number specifically, but the area around VCU is pretty affordable for a large city. 

While waiting to hear from two programs, here are my current (not completely reasonable) thoughts and feeling:

-Maybe programs are being nice and waiting until it's not super early for west coasters.

-My dream was actually a premonition and they've decided not to talk to me me ever again. That's ok, I'll use my new found psychic abilities and join the circus.

-My phone somehow broke over night in a way that allows me to still go online, use my apps, and get spam emails, but nothing important.

-I need a nap.

4 minutes ago, atx09 said:

Anyone who interviewed at Emory or VCU remember about how much cost of living was? I lost my pros and cons list! :(

Virginia was pretty reasonable. The low cost of housing was something the students kept talking about.

From something someone at one of the interviews said, it seems like directors are more willing to give you more detailed information about waitlist spots on the second and third days...

3 minutes ago, mosley said:

@atx09, I was at both. To my Midwestern sense of affordability (I'm used to everything being crazy cheap), Richmond seemed really reasonable and Atlanta seemed more expensive.

5 minutes ago, Gadgette said:

Virginia was pretty reasonable. The low cost of housing was something the students kept talking about.

8 minutes ago, Gorays39 said:

I don't know the number specifically, but the area around VCU is pretty affordable for a large city. 

thanks everyone! this is super helpful. :)

5 minutes ago, zbmrtk said:

realistically, how many people get in off the waitlist?

was told i'm on the "upper portion" but not sure what my odds are at this point

It really just depends on the year, I think. I was informed they've gone to where I am (midrange) in the past but it all depends on who got in and if they accept or not. No way to know, but more info will be available tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, WBGC said:

Just got accepted to UC Irvine via phone!! The whole phone call thing is such an adrenaline rush ?

Congrats!

I'm also waiting for the contact from UCI. And now I could not put my phone down any more.