Genetic Counseling Fall 2017 Applicants

KT123

high on the waitlist for Pitt & UTexas! Now waiting for CSUStan, my top choice :unsure: ahh! So exciting reading about everyone's day so far!! 

Still haven't heard from Thomas Jefferson at all. Looks like they sent out some acceptances and some rejections so maybe I'm waitlisted? I'd love to know, they're the last I am waiting to hear from

1 minute ago, GCFaith92 said:

Still haven't heard from Thomas Jefferson at all. Looks like they sent out some acceptances and some rejections so maybe I'm waitlisted? I'd love to know, they're the last I am waiting to hear from

I also have not heard from them yet. So maybe we're waitlisted? Here's to hoping maybe they're just busy and releasing a few at a time!

High on the waitlist at Rutgers! They couldn't tell me how many spots they'd already filled, but I was told to check in tonight and tomorrow. 

Hearing you're on a waitlist is not ideal and I won't pretend I'm not wishing I wasn't waitlisted. But plenty of people get in on waitlists. Most people applied to multiple programs, so figure the top chunk of applicants all got multiple offers and will have to turn most of them down. There are full classes made up of people who were wait listed. 

4 minutes ago, Gadgette said:

Hearing you're on a waitlist is not ideal and I won't pretend I'm not wishing I wasn't waitlisted. But plenty of people get in on waitlists. Most people applied to multiple programs, so figure the top chunk of applicants all got multiple offers and will have to turn most of them down. There are full classes made up of people who were wait listed. 

Did you hear from UAMS yet?

4 minutes ago, atx09 said:

anyone hear from UTHouston? They're my top choice

A woman I met during interviews text me that she got an offer from Houston right away this morning and accepted. Fingers crossed that you hear news soon! 

8 minutes ago, atx09 said:

anyone hear from UTHouston? They're my top choice

they let me know i'm on the waitlist, i'm waiting to hear from other places but i'll likely give up my spot! 

Anyone hear from CSUStan yet?

@Elisheva they are currently calling. I JUST got a call with them all on the line. The told me a waitlist goes out via email at 2pm but they called to tell me im technically accepted but they need 1 person to respond to them 1st

3 hours ago, KeepSwimming2017 said:

@Ellaie do you think USF already called all of their acceptances/waitlists? I'm so crushed that I haven't heard anything from them yet =/

They said in the email that they were going to contact the people accepted, followed by the people rejected, and then those high on the waitlist.  So, it could be a good sign that you haven't heard anything.

Congrats on all of the offers! I got rejected from Toronto and UBC, so I'm feeling pretty bummed. I'm wait listed at SLC, but I'm not too hopeful at this point. Looks like I'm going to be a second year applicant. :(