Genetic Counseling Fall 2017 Applicants

KT123

It's 5pm on the west coast. I suppose I could put down my phone and enjoy the night. (only if I can...)

Congrats to all who have got accepted! And hope I could join you guys tomorrow!

10 minutes ago, GCapplicant said:

how did you find out your position?!

i called back the program director a little bit ago, but to be fair she said 'very top' so i'm being overly optimistic & assuming first position :wacko:

43 minutes ago, NHxx said:

i called back the program director a little bit ago, but to be fair she said 'very top' so i'm being overly optimistic & assuming first position :wacko:

That's awesome! Here's hoping there's some movement ? 

2 hours ago, Elisheva said:

I wonder how many spots Jefferson has to fill and how many people are on the waitlist. I hope we can get more info tomorrow 

I'll call and ask tomorrow -- will let you know what they say. I honestly think you will get a spot.

15 minutes ago, Elisheva said:

@GCapplicant, what makes you say that?

Nearly everyone I met was interviewing at a lot of different places, so I'm assuming there will be some turn over. No way to know for sure, but that's my gut feeling!

Edited by GCapplicant

14 minutes ago, GCapplicant said:

Nearly everyone I met was interviewing at a lot of different places, so I'm assuming there will be some turn over. No way to know for sure, but that's my gut feeling!

True but they are only accepting 6. I guess we'll just have to wait it out 

What a blur today was! I had an offer right away from the school that was not my top choice... Then wait list from the other 3 programs.  I was extended an offer off of the wait list late in the afternoon from Augustana and have accepted! I am so happy this finally worked out for me. I wish the best to all of you!!

7 hours ago, Nefelibata said:

Officially got news that Augustana is full... looks like I'll be part of the new match system next year :(

Can I ask why you're doing that instead of trying for second match? If Indiana fills up I'm probably gonna try for second match unless there's a reason not to...

Just wanted to remind all my fellow rejects who might still be lurking here of the unmatched applicant pool: https://agcpd.org/AdmissionsInfo 

This year you just have to fill out an online survey starting on Thursday, in past years it was up to you to contact all of the programs by email or phone to inquire if they filled all spots. If any programs happen to not fill up, you can reach out to them and attempt to apply. I'm going to be quite honest, I did this last year and contacted every program, 1 wasn't filled yet. I put in a lot of work to put together a statement and get all my materials together only to be rejected again. I'd say it's worth a shot, but definitely don't start planning your future on this.

Best of luck to everyone on here and congrats to all who have gotten acceptances. 

36 minutes ago, kbash said:

Just wanted to remind all my fellow rejects who might still be lurking here of the unmatched applicant pool: https://agcpd.org/AdmissionsInfo 

This year you just have to fill out an online survey starting on Thursday, in past years it was up to you to contact all of the programs by email or phone to inquire if they filled all spots. If any programs happen to not fill up, you can reach out to them and attempt to apply. I'm going to be quite honest, I did this last year and contacted every program, 1 wasn't filled yet. I put in a lot of work to put together a statement and get all my materials together only to be rejected again. I'd say it's worth a shot, but definitely don't start planning your future on this.

Best of luck to everyone on here and congrats to all who have gotten acceptances. 

Someone I talked to indicated that this year, you can just contact one of the schools you applied to and have them forward all your materials. So hopefully it'll be a bit less work. 

It does also depend on the school. Some of them will accept forwarded items and recommendations made by schools you interviewed with, some want to go through the whole shebang of application and interview again.

Yesterday was stress eating. Today I feel physically ill. Let's do this.

Does anyone have any idea of where Indiana University is at? I got a call saying I was "high on the waitlist with a good chance of being accepted" but was never contacted saying they filled up or otherwise. Anyone hear any more info since yesterday? Or anyone thinking of turning down a spot there?

1 minute ago, adragonisnoslave said:

@Lakers1960, I'm in the middle of the waitlist and was hoping for good news today. But if you haven't heard anything maybe not :(

It's still early! Just got an email back from the director saying all 7 of their offers are still outstanding and some of those people are waiting to see if they got offers closer to home. So there's a chance.