Genetic Counseling Fall 2017 Applicants

KT123

6 minutes ago, WBGC said:

@Ultrapeaches I am going to call Boston and accept, so UCI will have another position. I will call them right after :)

Oh my gosh I want to send you a fruit basket. Honestly, I loved Boston too, and I LOVE the city. If I didn't have kids and need to be close to family, it would have been a top choice for me.  It's a wonderful program, congratulations! 

15 minutes ago, Ultrapeaches said:

Oh my gosh I want to send you a fruit basket. Honestly, I loved Boston too, and I LOVE the city. If I didn't have kids and need to be close to family, it would have been a top choice for me.  It's a wonderful program, congratulations! 

Yes! I loved it so much too! I was really torn about moving across the country but there's really no reason I can't, so decided to embrace the experience and try something new! 

I really hope UCI works out for you.. it really is such a great program too- and Southern California is the best ;) 

4 minutes ago, GCFaith92 said:

@TK1616 @Elisheva @minja134 so they finally emailed me back saying they are unable to move into the waitlist as they are waiting on pending offers. . . However, I'm now annoyed since that's a clear lie since @TK1616 just called to decline they offer. I don't get it

Maybe theyre waiting till they hear from all the people that got initial offers before going to the wait list?? I have heard schools do that before 

1 minute ago, Gadgette said:

I went from high up on a wait list yesterday to being at the middle of the wait list today. Excuse me while I find a corner to curl up.

Wait. WHAT???

I guess everyone who dropped off the waitlist was after you? So say you were position 3 of 7, now you're 3 of 4? Something like that? 

Hi all. I am so sorry for all of y'all waiting for movement on the wait list. I was there last year and it was awful when it didn't work out. I got accepted to my number 2, but I'm still holding off on accepting as I'm high on the wait list at UT Houston (my number 1). I feel bad holding on the offer for number 2, but I know that's just a part of match. Hopefully the wait list will sort itself out for us soon. 

2 hours ago, Joey0817 said:

Hi everyone!

Congratulations on everyone who got accepted for this Fall 2017 cycle, I was just wondering what your cGPA was just to give myself an idea of what to aim for when I apply for Fall 2018. Thanks guys and best of luck to those on the waitlist!!

I had a 3.6 in undergrad (Biology), 3.98 in graduate school (Sociology), and 6+ years experience working with people with disabilities in a consultative/counseling role.

3 minutes ago, TAGC said:

@Cricket643 Did you call Jessica directly, or did you call Cathy?  I'm debating calling to ask if they have any more information for me, but I'm a little nervous to find out.

I talked to Jessica yesterday and today. I would recommend calling her directly, I think she probably has more information than Cathy. Good luck!!

Edited by Cricket643

1 hour ago, PreGC said:

@GCInTraining I accepted my offer at UT as well! Can't wait to meet you and our other classmates in August!! :) 

Did you just accept? They called a few hours ago saying I was at the top of their waitlist.

Side note, congrats to you both!!! :) 

26 minutes ago, GC19 said:

Hi all. I am so sorry for all of y'all waiting for movement on the wait list. I was there last year and it was awful when it didn't work out. I got accepted to my number 2, but I'm still holding off on accepting as I'm high on the wait list at UT Houston (my number 1). I feel bad holding on the offer for number 2, but I know that's just a part of match. Hopefully the wait list will sort itself out for us soon. 

I just said this to someone else - I think its okay and most of us understand as long as you don't hold them until 4.30 pm tomorrow! Here's hoping things move for everyone soon!

12 minutes ago, atx09 said:

Did you just accept? They called a few hours ago saying I was at the top of their waitlist.

Side note, congrats to you both!!! :) 

No I accepted at the end of the day yesterday! And thanks, hope you get off the waitlist!!

Is anyone else completely gridlocked? I have an offer to a second choice school who is pressuring me for a response, but am waitlisted at my first. Nothing seems to be changing. So stressful.