MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

Congratulations to all who got admitted!! 

I'v got a rejection from McMaster(wasn't my top choice but it still hurt). 

I have heard absolutely nothing from MSc Epi at Western. Emailed them and got a very generic reply along the line of they will let us know as soon as possible but it's been more than 3 months now and I know of people who got accepted mid March so I'm not very hopeful. 

Anxiously waiting to hear back from Uoft Epi stream. More now that the admissions for health promotion stream have already gone out. 

All the best to everyone who is still waiting to hear back like me. :-) 

On 4/13/2017 at 1:25 AM, vancouverrunner said:

Seconding this! I also am waiting for UVic.... 

I am aswell waiting for UVIC...I havent heard back from them yet.....

Congrats to everyone admitted!!

Long-time lurker here!

I have gotten accepted into McMasters and Lakehead. Still waiting to hear back from U of T like some of you...This waiting is killing me as well.

On 4/13/2017 at 7:18 PM, MPH Canada said:

Hey guys,

I got into Mcmaster and Guelph. I am debating on which school to go to...Any insight is appreciated!

Hello, not sure if anyone responded and I'm sure someone else can give you better insight but looking at both programs, there doesn't seem to be any significant difference. Both are general public health programs. McMasters has an option for a thesis stream and I believe Guelph doesn't. I didn't apply to Guelph but I read into it. McMasters also seems to be more competitive.

10 hours ago, EmPeeAych said:

Do you know which stream specifically? This is sorta discouraging news... :(

I just re-read the comments and one person got into health promotion/ social and behavioural, and the other didn't specify which. A bit of a bummer for me since I applied to health promo but trying to stay positive until I know for sure either way! 

Edited by pugsareneat

30 minutes ago, NorthernGalMPHHopeful said:

getting an offer to where?

I think they are talking about dlsph mph program. Someone mentioned about getting into their health promotion stream. 

1 hour ago, pugsareneat said:

I just re-read the comments and one person got into health promotion/ social and behavioural, and the other didn't specify which. A bit of a bummer for me since I applied to health promo but trying to stay positive until I know for sure either way! 

i applied to health promo too, same boat! 

2 hours ago, 2017mph said:

Hello, not sure if anyone responded and I'm sure someone else can give you better insight but looking at both programs, there doesn't seem to be any significant difference. Both are general public health programs. McMasters has an option for a thesis stream and I believe Guelph doesn't. I didn't apply to Guelph but I read into it. McMasters also seems to be more competitive.

Hey, thank you so much! I am leaning towards McMaster, but Guelph seems okay too. I was just wondering if they had any night classes because I will be mostly commuting...also, I would like to get some days off. And yeah, you are right. I was waitlisted at McMaster and they just accepted me last week. Apparently, they opened the waitlist this year! 

Edited by MPH Canada

4 hours ago, npi said:

I am aswell waiting for UVIC...I havent heard back from them yet.....

Kind of annoying. I msged them a couple weeks back and they said it would be out by the week of Ap. 10 at the latest. But sitll nothing... I emailed them again today with the risk of being annoying but maybe I'm wait listed or something? I have a feeling they are just slow. Its been 4 months since i submitted!!

Hi everyone, 

I've been creeping on this thread for a really long time, thought I might as well join in on the conversation! 

Like all of you, still waiting on U of A, U of T and USask. Queens seems like a no-go for me since all it says on my application portal is "application complete" and I've noticed quite a few posters on here being accepted or waitlisted.  

I'm currently waitlisted at SFU currently for Social Inequities and Health Stream.

Good luck to everyone!  

4 minutes ago, 12njt2 said:

Accepted to Queen's yesterday afternoon! Waitlisted at Western as of April 7th, waiting to hear from U of T Epid. 

Congrats! Were you waitlisted at Queens as well? If so, do you mind telling us when you were placed on the waitlist? Thanks!

16 minutes ago, mariont19 said:

Congrats! Were you waitlisted at Queens as well? If so, do you mind telling us when you were placed on the waitlist? Thanks!

I emailed Queen's the other week asking for an update on my application, and they said I was waitlisted but could not give me any information yet on my position. But I never received any email from them initially saying I was waitlisted. 

2 hours ago, vancouverrunner said:

Kind of annoying. I msged them a couple weeks back and they said it would be out by the week of Ap. 10 at the latest. But sitll nothing... I emailed them again today with the risk of being annoying but maybe I'm wait listed or something? I have a feeling they are just slow. Its been 4 months since i submitted!!

@vancouverrunner UVic has given me until April 24th to accept or decline. I would imagine if there's a second round of people to be contacted that they will be doing so at that point :)

35 minutes ago, EmPeeAych said:

Just got rejected from UAlberta for MPH Global Health

Just checked U of A and I also was rejected, but for the Health Promotion MPH 

I was just rejected from U of A MPH Health Promotion (Distance). I'm a bit surprised since I have an 87.5 average in my last two years of undergrad and paid work experience in the health promotion field. However, based on stats on the U of A website, the majority of accepted students are from Alberta and I'm from out of province, so that may have contributed to their decision. Not too disappointed though since it was my last choice and I've already accepted an offer at Queen's! 

43 minutes ago, becca17 said:

I was just rejected from U of A MPH Health Promotion (Distance). I'm a bit surprised since I have an 87.5 average in my last two years of undergrad and paid work experience in the health promotion field. However, based on stats on the U of A website, the majority of accepted students are from Alberta and I'm from out of province, so that may have contributed to their decision. Not too disappointed though since it was my last choice and I've already accepted an offer at Queen's! 

Yeah, I had a similar GPA but less "health promo" related experiences, but a lot of other ones that had transferrable skills? I am also out of province. I am pretty disappointed about it, oh well! Who knows what they are looking for. 

50 minutes ago, becca17 said:

Also just an FYI -  in the Portal it says that I'm rejected, but on Bear Tracks it still says that an admission decision is pending. 

I got accepted into University of Alberta yesterday in the epidemiology stream.  I didn't get an email, but a letter was uploaded onto the application portal.  Hopefully everyone else hears back soon!