MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

8 minutes ago, apemodern said:

Hey,

U of A applicant here as well. I do not think your bear tracks to do list is relevant until you are offered an admission. In order for them to make a decision on your application what was outlined on the SPH page should be enough. I understand the stress and constant checking and looking for any signs, but I am sure you all did enough from the what is required perspective. Same goes for the priority numbers as well.

Thanks for the re-assurance! :) Good luck to all of us! 

35 minutes ago, NorthernGalMPHHopeful said:

i just checked BearTracks with a request of official transcripts... with a due date on March 21st...... so I couriered official transcripts this am to them and sent an email.. im still "Under Review" so im praying that it is still a good sign but man thank you so much for pointing this out or else I wouldn't have even looked at BearTracks!

@NorthernGalMPHHopeful ummm where did you exactly see the official transcript required? Under "to do list" on Bear Tracks? Mine only says completed items with application number. What did yours show? 

1 minute ago, Tahnin said:

@NorthernGalMPHHopeful ummm where did you exactly see the official transcript required? Under "to do list" on Bear Tracks? Mine only says completed items with application number. What did yours show? 

mine said something along the lines of "actions required" and they wanted an official transcript for my first school i went for undergrad that i transferred from in first year.

there was no current status of my application, merely "actions required" ... i feel really silly for having ignored BearTracks for so long

23 hours ago, MPHlife said:

Just checked U of A and I also was rejected, but for the Health Promotion MPH 

Hi there. I am sorry to hear about that but hopefully you got in somewhere else!

Can i ask how they notified you?

@NorthernGalMPHHopeful and to anyone else who will find this useful, just got this email from U of A: 

Thank you for your e-mail and interest in our MPH programs here at the School of Public Health. 

I do not recommend checking the status of your application in your Bear Tracks as the information available there, may be incomplete. 

If you have not received an update on your application or  your admission decision yet, you can check on the status of your application by visiting the applicant portal via the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research website. You will be notified via the portal as to whether your application has been successful or not any day between now and the end of April.

59 minutes ago, NorthernGalMPHHopeful said:

mine said something along the lines of "actions required" and they wanted an official transcript for my first school i went for undergrad that i transferred from in first year.

there was no current status of my application, merely "actions required" ... i feel really silly for having ignored BearTracks for so long

@NorthernGalMPHHopeful come on, don't be so disappointed. Call and talk to them if you want to. And as @lattessaid just now, bear tracks information maybe incomplete. it may not even be required at all unless and until you're offered admission. Then you can send it to them again if required. 

7 hours ago, mphalberta said:

Was the letter under the messages section of the applicant portal? The portal still says "under review" for my application, and Beartracks says "decision pending". I'm so eager to know either way!

I had a message in the message section that said I was admitted.  On the main page of the applicant portal it changed from "Decision Pending" to "Decision" with a button to download the offer letter and respond to the offer.

3 hours ago, hchan said:

Hi there. I am sorry to hear about that but hopefully you got in somewhere else!

Can i ask how they notified you?

Thanks, hchan.

U of A was my first choice out of U of W and U of S. I was accepted to University of Waterloo in March, though and am very thankful.

When I logged into the application portal for U of A, it had a message at the top that I clicked and was able to open the rejection letter.

I also have "requires action" on U of A beartracks, I always had that and contacted them about it in February. they told me to ignore beartracks and only rely on the grad application portal for status updates. Now if only the latter would budge from "under review"!!! I applied in early November so this is getting ridiculous. 

Hey guys -- I contacted a U of T MPH (Health Promo/Social-Behavioural) program director and she said they have sent out the first round of offers, but that the second and final round will be sent in the first week of May. So don't give up hope! <3

Edited by pdf58

15 minutes ago, pdf58 said:

Hey guys -- I contacted a U of T MPH (Health Promo/Social-Behavioural) program director and she said they have sent out the first round of offers, but that the second and final round will be sent in the first week of May. So don't give up hope! <3

I'm guessing this might only apply to that particular stream? I have yet to hear anyone get into the Epi stream. :unsure:

38 minutes ago, Creme_Brulee said:

I'm guessing this might only apply to that particular stream? I have yet to hear anyone get into the Epi stream. :unsure:

Epi always seems to be the latest, usually OEH sends out their offers first! Hope you get in!!

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:02 PM, 12njt2 said:

Accepted to Queen's yesterday afternoon! Waitlisted at Western as of April 7th, waiting to hear from U of T Epid. 

Hi 12njt2, congratulations on your acceptance. Did you apply to the MPH or MSc. Epi program at Queen's?

Edited by winterwheat

18 minutes ago, bio04 said:

@Tahnin and @friesandwater What stream did you apply to at Waterloo? Mine still says "no decision" :( 

Mine is also "no decision". I applied in sociobehavioural stream. No decision yet from UAlberta, USask

I have heard absolutely nothing from Western. It's been more than 3 months. It feels like they forgot about my application. :lol:

I've contacted them twice but got the same reply. 

I'm again  turning to gc for some sane advice. Can anyone suggest me an online statistics course that I could take which would be recognised in Canadian universities? 

56 minutes ago, bio04 said:

@Tahnin and @friesandwater What stream did you apply to at Waterloo? Mine still says "no decision" :( 

@bio04 I had applied to the general MPH stream at Waterloo. 

1 hour ago, winterwheat said:

Hi 12njt2, congratulations on your acceptance. Did you apply to the MPH or MSc. Epi program at Queen's?

Thank you! I applied to the MPH program. 

@Goals Apparently the results for MPH health promotion went out some time last week but nothing from MPH Epi yet. The wait is killing me. I'm tired of looking for things to do and not jump everything my phone buzzes.