Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Shd90

MPH Canada Fall 2017

787 posts in this topic

Just wanted to add that I got a recommendation for admission into UofT Epidemiology on Friday!  (This was right before the UTMail outage for UofT students)  

I'm actually so excited and surprised that I was accepted.   I was only able to apply to 2 MPHs due to circumstances at the time and since I was already rejected from McMaster I didn't have much hope left for UofT.  Miracles do happen. :)

Good luck to the rest!

2 hours ago, NinjaNurse said:

I'm still waiting for uvic... anyone else in the same boat? 

Me too. I emailed them last week and she said they've sent out some offers but are continuing to review applications. And hopefully early May they will everyone know. 

2 hours ago, Airaena said:

Just wanted to add that I got a recommendation for admission into UofT Epidemiology on Friday!  (This was right before the UTMail outage for UofT students)  

I'm actually so excited and surprised that I was accepted.   I was only able to apply to 2 MPHs due to circumstances at the time and since I was already rejected from McMaster I didn't have much hope left for UofT.  Miracles do happen. :)

Good luck to the rest!

Congrats to you!!! I similarly got rejected from Mac! Hoping for the same miracle :) You're from uoft?

Just curious if anyone has received a rejection from Queen's yet? or have they just sent out acceptances so far? 

2 hours ago, pha said:

Me too. I emailed them last week and she said they've sent out some offers but are continuing to review applications. And hopefully early May they will everyone know. 

Ah fingers crossed! 

Didn't hear back from U of T - no rejection, no acceptance. Anyone on the same situation? 

My application still says 'under review'. 

4 hours ago, Airaena said:

Good luck to the rest!

Congratulations!! Did your status change to accepted? And would you mind sharing your stats? :)

6 hours ago, NinjaNurse said:

I had until tomorrow (May 1, 4pm) to accept the uvic offer. I'd imagine they send out new offers shortly after the deadline passes. Good luck

8 hours ago, NinjaNurse said:

Hi! I am still waiting on UVIC too. I emailed them and they said they are still reviewing applications and could take until early May.. I cant believe I submitted my app almost 5 months ago! So slow.

Did you apply anywhere else? I got accept to London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, MscPH.

18 minutes ago, vancouverrunner said:

Hi! I am still waiting on UVIC too. I emailed them and they said they are still reviewing applications and could take until early May.. I cant believe I submitted my app almost 5 months ago! So slow.

Did you apply anywhere else? I got accept to London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, MscPH.

I applied to Waterloo, lakehead and usask, I'm waiting on usask and uvic and have to respond to Waterloo and lakehead. 

Congrats on your acceptance to the London school!!!!

5 hours ago, blind_faith said:

Congrats to you!!! I similarly got rejected from Mac! Hoping for the same miracle :) You're from uoft?

Yes! I'm from UofT :)

3 hours ago, mph2017 said:

Congratulations!! Did your status change to accepted? And would you mind sharing your stats? :)

I just checked. Still "under review".  I'm guessing it'll update when official acceptances come from the university! 

Stats as in GPA?  I think it was around 3.8 last I checked

6 minutes ago, Airaena said:

Yes! I'm from UofT :)

I just checked. Still "under review".  I'm guessing it'll update when official acceptances come from the university! 

Stats as in GPA?  I think it was around 3.8 last I checked

Yes, thanks for sharing! 

I still didn't get any emails from them. I just finished my 4 yrs honours BHSc with a 3.7 CGPA, 3.9 GPA. 3 publications, was co-chair of workshop and conferences for CSEB (the epidemiology and biostats society in canada), volunteer researcher at the hospital (CHEO), got a scholarship to conduct a research last year, finished my honours research project  with an A... and the list goes on. Not sure what else they were looking for :( Hoping to hear from them soon...