MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

Just wanted to add that I got a recommendation for admission into UofT Epidemiology on Friday!  (This was right before the UTMail outage for UofT students)  

I'm actually so excited and surprised that I was accepted.   I was only able to apply to 2 MPHs due to circumstances at the time and since I was already rejected from McMaster I didn't have much hope left for UofT.  Miracles do happen. :)

Good luck to the rest!

2 hours ago, NinjaNurse said:

I'm still waiting for uvic... anyone else in the same boat? 

Me too. I emailed them last week and she said they've sent out some offers but are continuing to review applications. And hopefully early May they will everyone know. 

2 hours ago, Airaena said:

Just wanted to add that I got a recommendation for admission into UofT Epidemiology on Friday!  (This was right before the UTMail outage for UofT students)  

I'm actually so excited and surprised that I was accepted.   I was only able to apply to 2 MPHs due to circumstances at the time and since I was already rejected from McMaster I didn't have much hope left for UofT.  Miracles do happen. :)

Good luck to the rest!

Congrats to you!!! I similarly got rejected from Mac! Hoping for the same miracle :) You're from uoft?

2 hours ago, pha said:

Me too. I emailed them last week and she said they've sent out some offers but are continuing to review applications. And hopefully early May they will everyone know. 

Ah fingers crossed! 

4 hours ago, Airaena said:

Good luck to the rest!

Congratulations!! Did your status change to accepted? And would you mind sharing your stats? :)

6 hours ago, NinjaNurse said:

I had until tomorrow (May 1, 4pm) to accept the uvic offer. I'd imagine they send out new offers shortly after the deadline passes. Good luck

8 hours ago, NinjaNurse said:

Hi! I am still waiting on UVIC too. I emailed them and they said they are still reviewing applications and could take until early May.. I cant believe I submitted my app almost 5 months ago! So slow.

Did you apply anywhere else? I got accept to London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, MscPH.

18 minutes ago, vancouverrunner said:

Hi! I am still waiting on UVIC too. I emailed them and they said they are still reviewing applications and could take until early May.. I cant believe I submitted my app almost 5 months ago! So slow.

Did you apply anywhere else? I got accept to London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, MscPH.

I applied to Waterloo, lakehead and usask, I'm waiting on usask and uvic and have to respond to Waterloo and lakehead. 

Congrats on your acceptance to the London school!!!!

5 hours ago, blind_faith said:

Congrats to you!!! I similarly got rejected from Mac! Hoping for the same miracle :) You're from uoft?

Yes! I'm from UofT :)

3 hours ago, mph2017 said:

Congratulations!! Did your status change to accepted? And would you mind sharing your stats? :)

I just checked. Still "under review".  I'm guessing it'll update when official acceptances come from the university! 

Stats as in GPA?  I think it was around 3.8 last I checked

6 minutes ago, Airaena said:

Yes! I'm from UofT :)

I just checked. Still "under review".  I'm guessing it'll update when official acceptances come from the university! 

Stats as in GPA?  I think it was around 3.8 last I checked

Yes, thanks for sharing! 

I still didn't get any emails from them. I just finished my 4 yrs honours BHSc with a 3.7 CGPA, 3.9 GPA. 3 publications, was co-chair of workshop and conferences for CSEB (the epidemiology and biostats society in canada), volunteer researcher at the hospital (CHEO), got a scholarship to conduct a research last year, finished my honours research project  with an A... and the list goes on. Not sure what else they were looking for :( Hoping to hear from them soon... 

On 4/29/2017 at 3:00 PM, ernmy said:

did anyone receive a snail mail from memorial uni?

I did.  A couple weeks ago the portal showed that a decision had been made for me.  A friend suggested I follow up with an email, which is how I found out I was rejected.  The following week I got a letter with a list of potential reasons that I was not accepted.  The only reason that was checked off on mine was ""lack of space," but I had been disappointed that I wasn't even waitlisted.  I'm in Nova Scotia, so that might account for how the letter got to me relatively quickly.

(The story has a happy ending, I later ended up with an offer to Lakehead which had been my first choice anyway!)

11 hours ago, mph2017 said:

Yes, thanks for sharing! 

I still didn't get any emails from them. I just finished my 4 yrs honours BHSc with a 3.7 CGPA, 3.9 GPA. 3 publications, was co-chair of workshop and conferences for CSEB (the epidemiology and biostats society in canada), volunteer researcher at the hospital (CHEO), got a scholarship to conduct a research last year, finished my honours research project  with an A... and the list goes on. Not sure what else they were looking for :( Hoping to hear from them soon... 

Honestly you sound so qualified! I don't have anything worth mentioning like you do, so I'd be surprised if you didn't get accepted.   I had great reference letters and an extremely honest letter of intent.   Nothing special.  

I just got an email from Shona at the University of Alberta - I have been recommended for admission. I applied to the MPH Health Promotion stream.

In the email, it says that the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) is is 2-3 weeks behind with admissions. This is why some people have already received updates in their portal and why some people are still "Under Review". I just logged in to the portal and my application is still listed as "Under Review" so I guess that will be updated relatively soon. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

1 hour ago, Magicksmith said:

I did.  A couple weeks ago the portal showed that a decision had been made for me.  A friend suggested I follow up with an email, which is how I found out I was rejected.  The following week I got a letter with a list of potential reasons that I was not accepted.  The only reason that was checked off on mine was ""lack of space," but I had been disappointed that I wasn't even waitlisted.  I'm in Nova Scotia, so that might account for how the letter got to me relatively quickly.

(The story has a happy ending, I later ended up with an offer to Lakehead which had been my first choice anyway!)

thanks, I am an international student so I guess it may take a couple of weeks to get the mail. 

1 hour ago, Airaena said:

Honestly you sound so qualified! I don't have anything worth mentioning like you do, so I'd be surprised if you didn't get accepted.   I had great reference letters and an extremely honest letter of intent.   Nothing special.  

Thank you!

Did they send you an e-mail to your regular email? The one you included on your profile? (sorry for all the questions!! I called them but  they don't give any information about applications...)

9 minutes ago, toronto12345678910 said:

was your time stamp also 5:31?

It was 5:13 PM. Also, everyone on the email that I was sent was accidentally CC'd, not BCC'd. The director just followed up with a message saying that she accidentally sent the email to the entire group of applicants on the waiting list. 

1 hour ago, becca17 said:

It was 5:13 PM. Also, everyone on the email that I was sent was accidentally CC'd, not BCC'd. The director just followed up with a message saying that she accidentally sent the email to the entire group of applicants on the waiting list. 

Hmm. I never got that email. I guess that means I'll be rejected. Oh well!