MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

Anyone still waiting on Waterloo, answers should be out by the end of the week, although I was told most offers have already gone out. I seriously wish they would just reject me already so I can get on with my life :( lol......

Has anyone who's accepted Queen's been able to access their Queen's email account? When I accepted the offer online it said "Please access your Queen's email account and check it often to read information sent to you from Queen's" but when I try to log in it says a mailbox could not be found for my address. Is this the case for everyone? If so I'm assuming they will just contact us through our external e-mail that we provided through our application?

1 hour ago, toronto12345678910 said:

Have McMaster and Western accepted anyone off of their waiting lists yet?

Hey, yeah I got into McMaster from the waitlist. They said they had 425 applicants this year.

Edited by MPH Canada

2 hours ago, bio04 said:

Anyone still waiting on Waterloo, answers should be out by the end of the week, although I was told most offers have already gone out. I seriously wish they would just reject me already so I can get on with my life :( lol......

Did they say how many applicants or how many people are being accepted? My friend is still waiting to hear as well even though I found out Mar 9:(

@neonily No they just told me that most offers have already been sent out and that there has been a delay in the admissions process on their end and they were working on sending out all decisions by the end of the week. So I am assuming that most will be rejections coming out now :( but hopefully I am wrong and some people will still get offers :) 

4 hours ago, bio04 said:

I was accepted and need to respond. I'm on the fence because I'm holding off on uvic. But by may 5 I'll respond!

2 hours ago, brooke16 said:

Has anyone who's accepted Queen's been able to access their Queen's email account? When I accepted the offer online it said "Please access your Queen's email account and check it often to read information sent to you from Queen's" but when I try to log in it says a mailbox could not be found for my address. Is this the case for everyone? If so I'm assuming they will just contact us through our external e-mail that we provided through our application?

No I haven't. How were you provided with your Queens email? 

Got an acceptance email from U of A - Health Promotion this morning.  I won't be accepting though so good luck to those wait listed!

1 hour ago, vancouverrunner said:

Anybody heard from UVIC? Every day is nerve racking! 

I received a letter by email from them on April 19. 

3 hours ago, becca17 said:

No I haven't. How were you provided with your Queens email? 

It's just your NetID @queensu.ca I believe! I was hoping to be able to use it to access the queens group on facebook and start looking for housing, etc.

18 hours ago, NinjaNurse said:

I was accepted and need to respond. I'm on the fence because I'm holding off on uvic. But by may 5 I'll respond!

Congrats @NinjaNurse....wanna do a girl a favour and decline, to open up a spot for me? :P. Waterloo was the only place I applied to, as its online and I work. Now that I know about more online options, I will probably apply to more than one place next year (if needed)! I do hope you get your top choice :)

Edited by bio04
spelling mistake

2 hours ago, bio04 said:

Congrats @NinjaNurse....wanna do a girl a favour and decline, to open up a spot for me? :P. Waterloo was the only place I applied to, as its online and I work. Now that I know about more online options, I will probably apply to more than one place next year (if needed)! I do hope you get your top choice :)

Ahaha I did the online thing too because I work. I actually think I will decline because I also got lakehead and it's my second choice. Good luck to you girl!

On 2017-03-14 at 0:12 AM, Barnmucker said:

Hey @neonlily

Congrats on your offer as well. I will most likely choose Waterloo as I also am working full time in public health. Online makes it alot easier to maintain both a job and schooling at the same time.  It seems like they offer low cost rooms for that two week onsite course which is nice.

Do you mind if I ask what you do currently in public health before you got accepted? I wanted to know how limited people are in the public health sector without a masters as a lot of people have expressed feeling limited but haven't really gone into depth about it. 

8 hours ago, bio04 said:

Did you think about London School of Hygiene and Trop. Medicine? They also have a really good online distance program! And a blended learning option where you can study in London for 2 months and take the required courses.

14 hours ago, vancouverrunner said:

Did you think about London School of Hygiene and Trop. Medicine? They also have a really good online distance program! And a blended learning option where you can study in London for 2 months and take the required courses.

I didn't even know about London until I found this forum. I don't think it's something I could do though, as I wouldn't be able to leave for 2 months, (work, kids, life etc)....it does sound like a pretty awesome experience for those that can do it!