MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

Just got a rejection letter from MPH Epi Uoft. Now only waiting for MSc Epi at Western. But instead of feeling disappointed all I feel is relieved that the application season is almost done.  Now its time to buckle up and work on my application for next year. All the best to those who are still waiting. 

Is there any Alumni from Western that would like to make a comment about the program?

I am kind of excited to start it soon but I haven't heard a lot about it here in this forum....

Any comments? Good or bad...I can take both :-) 

Hm, are they sending out rejections one by one? I still haven't heard anything from U of T; not an offer or a rejection. :S

Oh and since someone asked about contacting DLSPH, I sent them an email over a week ago inquiring about my application and they never replied.

Edited by Creme_Brulee

12 hours ago, Shd90 said:

Just got a rejection letter from MPH Epi Uoft. Now only waiting for MSc Epi at Western. But instead of feeling disappointed all I feel is relieved that the application season is almost done.  Now its time to buckle up and work on my application for next year. All the best to those who are still waiting. 

I love that you're so ready to moving forward! I'm still waiting to hear back from UofT. Was it an official letter that was mailed to your home address, or was it an email? 

@blind_faith It was an email with a generic official letter attached to it dated 9th May. If you've not heard I feel that you might be on the Waitlist. I always knew that it was difficult for international students to get in so I was prepared even though I was very hopeful. Now I need to make my application better for next year. 

Hey everyone, also late to the game here. Applied to SFU - population health, on waiting list. Wait listed at Western and Queens. Rejected from UofA-Health Policy, rejected from Waterloo and McMaster. Seemed to have gained acceptance into U Sask - portal says conditional.

Does anyone know when you have to accept the offer for SFU?

13 hours ago, Creme_Brulee said:

Hm, are they sending out rejections one by one? I still haven't heard anything from U of T; not an offer or a rejection. :S

Oh and since someone asked about contacting DLSPH, I sent them an email over a week ago inquiring about my application and they never replied.

Haven't heard anything either. It's my first choice so I'm hoping for good news.

Hey USask applicants, 

I emailed USask asking if all acceptances have been sent out already (because I haven't heard back yet like many of you), and I was told no, not all acceptances and rejections have been sent out yet. Here's hopinggggg we get an acceptance!

12 hours ago, NinjaNurse said:

I emailed uvic again since I still have no response 

This is crazy! They told me at the latest April 10... LOL

Let me know what they said. I am tempted to call....

Edited by vancouverrunner

On 2017-05-09 at 4:00 PM, torontogirl said:

Hi everyone!

This forum helped me a lot as well as drove me insane during this process haha. Just wondering if anyone else will be joining me at UofA for Health Promotion (distance/online)? 

Congrats on UofA! I wish I could be joining you but alas, I was rejected! I wish I could know why! Will you share your stats and whether you are out of province?

thanks and best of luck!!

24 minutes ago, WaitingforAdmission said:

Congrats on UofA! I wish I could be joining you but alas, I was rejected! I wish I could know why! Will you share your stats and whether you are out of province?

thanks and best of luck!!

I'm sorry to hear but congrats on your other acceptance! I am from Toronto and not even quite sure what my GPA was, maybe  around 3.6. I have about 3-4 years experience in research and health promotion through work and volunteering and I'm currently working full time for a research program. My letter was pretty personal and focused on my experiences and not so much on my academics. 

16 hours ago, rollymph said:

Hey everyone, also late to the game here. Applied to SFU - population health, on waiting list. Wait listed at Western and Queens. Rejected from UofA-Health Policy, rejected from Waterloo and McMaster. Seemed to have gained acceptance into U Sask - portal says conditional.

Does anyone know when you have to accept the offer for SFU?

For SFU, the letter stated "within 14 days from the date of this letter" which made the deadline for me March 24.

4 hours ago, vancouverrunner said:

This is crazy! They told me at the latest April 10... LOL

Let me know what they said. I am tempted to call....

No response yet from uvic.  Rejection from u of s. The waiting continues

10 hours ago, NinjaNurse said:

No response yet from uvic.  Rejection from u of s. The waiting continues

How were you notified of your rejection from U of Sask? My application status still says complete and ready for review.

Ok, so it looks like the first round of med school acceptances went out yesterday! For those of us on waitlists, I've been told this is a really key event as med school admits overlap pretty heavily with MPH/MSc admits and these individuals almost universally elect to go to med school. Here's to hoping we see some more admissions roll out to all of us!

23 hours ago, lattes said:

Just got my official acceptance letter via email from USask! Still not sure what the conditional thing means but oh well! 

I got mine yesterday as well! I think the official letter we get from CGPS will outline what the conditions are. Since I graduate in June, I think my conditions will be that I have to send them official transcripts and proof of degree completion.