MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

6 hours ago, pizza17 said:

Hey everyone!

Does anybody have an idea as to when Mac, Queens, U of A & Western send out their offers for their MPH programs?

Hi @pizza17

I believe for Queen's and u of A, it starts from the mid March to April. But for McMaster & Western I am not really sure. I think other guys around here would be able to help with that. 

Hope this helps. 

If it's any consolation I am also getting antsy just sitting around waiting to hear from them. 

5 hours ago, MPH 2017 said:

Hi @pizza17

I emailed U of A and they said late march. I applied in November and since then I'm waiting. This waiting time is so hard to deal with.

Hopefully we all hear from them soon.

I heard that for the global health specialization there are interviews? Do you know when interview invites go out?

Hello guys, long time lurker here. 

I'm just wondering if anyone here is also waiting to hear back from the MPH programs of University of Saskatchewan and University of Waterloo. Do you have any idea when the results are going to be out? 

Congratulations to those who got in McGill's program!

52 minutes ago, joelcollard6 said:

@EmPeeAych Did you apply for the professional program (practicum based) or the master of science (thesis based)? To my understanding a lot of the professional programs don't really have interviews.

I applied for the professional program. I thought I read from other threads that there was an interview component.. hmm. Maybe I am mistaken.

U of A isn't very clear or transparent about the whole application process imo.

@dee722 Although I haven't heard about the UBC's program, to my understanding McGill took 1 to 1.5 months to send out initial offers. I would imagine that UBC's application pool is a bit bigger and they also have other facts the the GRE to consider as well. Through some serious hand waving, I would guess it would take them a couple months after their deadline. So maybe early to mid march? Probably not the most direct answer, but it might put things into perspective for you. Either way I wish you luck! Cheers.

Edited by joelcollard6

17 hours ago, joelcollard6 said:

@dee722 Although I haven't heard about the UBC's program, to my understanding McGill took 1 to 1.5 months to send out initial offers. I would imagine that UBC's application pool is a bit bigger and they also have other facts the the GRE to consider as well. Through some serious hand waving, I would guess it would take them a couple months after their deadline. So maybe early to mid march? Probably not the most direct answer, but it might put things into perspective for you. Either way I wish you luck! Cheers.

Thank you so much for the reply! It is very helpful! :)  

On 2/23/2017 at 3:53 PM, EmPeeAych said:

I heard that for the global health specialization there are interviews? Do you know when interview invites go out?

@EmPeeAych I have no idea about interviews, but as the gentleman said there is less chances of interviews in professional programs. I hope this is true. Will update as soon as I get any reply.

@MPHDream17 I have applied in U Of S as well no update till now. And no idea when they gonna send invitations.

@kobr, from what people have reported, it sounds like McGill is the only program so far that has sent out offers; I believe they had an earlier deadline and imagine the others will come out over the month of March.

I also applied to UofA; although I accepted my offer for McGill already, if I hear back from UofA I'll keep the forum posted!

Edited by joelcollard6

1 minute ago, joelcollard6 said:

@kobr, by the sounds of it only McGill is the only program so far that has sent out offers that people have reported; I believe they had an earlier deadline and imagine the others will come out over the month of March.

I also applied to UofA; athough I accepted my offer for McGill already, if I hear back from UofA I'll keep the forum posted!

Thanks Joel!

On 2/22/2017 at 3:05 PM, pizza17 said:

Hey everyone!

Does anybody have an idea as to when Mac, Queens, U of A & Western send out their offers for their MPH programs?

I heard it was early-mid March

6 hours ago, joelcollard6 said:

@kobr, from what people have reported, it sounds like McGill is the only program so far that has sent out offers; I believe they had an earlier deadline and imagine the others will come out over the month of March.

I also applied to UofA; although I accepted my offer for McGill already, if I hear back from UofA I'll keep the forum posted!

That's so exciting! I got into McGill as well (potential classmates)! I'm waiting on UofT and a few other schools right now 

8 hours ago, DA9 said:

Hi guys :) Has any international student received any news for the occupational health program at McGill or the MSc OEH at UBC or UofT? 

I'm getting really anxious...

Hi! I just got the email today saying that I got the admission from OEH in UBC. I believe they have made the acceptance decisions last week becuase they tried to reach me on the phone but I missed it. I am an international student, although I'm currently doing my M.Sc in Canada. Hope this is helpful. And best of luck to you! 

9 hours ago, DA9 said:

Hi guys :) Has any international student received any news for the occupational health program at McGill or the MSc OEH at UBC or UofT? 

I'm getting really anxious...

Oh.. and I have also applied to the same program in McGill. Have not heard anything from them yet. 

On 2/25/2017 at 10:21 PM, kobr said:

Anybody here have heard from Western University? Or University of Toronto? 

@kobr I have applied to u of T (epi) but no news from them yet. As far as I can remember last year it was probably around May when they sent out invitations. 

4 hours ago, Ashlin said:

Hello everyone! 

Congratulations to students who got into McGill! 

Has anyone heard from SFU yet?

@Ashlin I have also applied to SFU but got no news so far. 

I believe for 2016 it was mid March for SFU to send the invitations.