MPH Canada Fall 2017

Shd90

Also received an offer to Queen's 12-month MPH this morning. Thrilled! Been a bit of a wild ride.

Best of luck as we wait to hear from other programs. 

On 2/17/2017 at 6:26 AM, msrrrioooo said:

Hi all! I understand this thread is for MPH/public health, but I wonder if anyone here applied to University of Ottawa's MSc in Epidemiology? I don't really know when to expect a response, maybe late April? The waiting is is killing me, I'm sure you guys can relate!

Hi!  I also applied for Ottawa.  Hoping I receive notice before March 20th (McGill's crazy early deadline for a 300$ deposit!!)

Doesn't seem as popular a school on this forum, but it is narrowly my preference of the two

Hi everyone, I am a medical doctor from Nigeria. I applied to UofA Global Health MPH and USask MPH  although from reading through past threads it's quite discouraging especially for international graduates. ?

Has anyone been accepted into any of the programs yet?

Congratulations to everyone that has received offers!! I received an offer from SFU a few days back, and i'm really glad! Quick questions to @SFUFTW: If you don't mind me asking, what specialty were you in at SFU? Also, during your time there, did you find that there were opportunities to do a practicum abroad (If you were not a Global Health student)? Thanks!

All the best to everyone!

4 hours ago, AC2900 said:

Hi!  I also applied for Ottawa.  Hoping I receive notice before March 20th (McGill's crazy early deadline for a 300$ deposit!!)

Doesn't seem as popular a school on this forum, but it is narrowly my preference of the two

Oh neat, there is seemingly so few of us! I was able to ask the program's coordinator there for an estimate on when decisions might be released and she said "late March". Hopefully they come down soon. Congrats on your admission to McGill! 

3 hours ago, Vekin7 said:

Congratulations to everyone that has received offers!! I received an offer from SFU a few days back, and i'm really glad! Quick questions to @SFUFTW: If you don't mind me asking, what specialty were you in at SFU? Also, during your time there, did you find that there were opportunities to do a practicum abroad (If you were not a Global Health student)? Thanks!

All the best to everyone!

Hi there - I was in the global health stream. You can definitely do your practicum abroad even If you aren't in global health but it's a bit more on you to find one in that case. I personally loved SFU's program though it is really about what you invest in the program. 

@SFUFTW Great! thanks so much for the reply. I was offered admission to another stream (not global health), but I'm interested in perhaps doing my practicum abroad when the time comes, but we'll see when I get there. Good to hear you enjoyed the program, it definitely looks great!

12 minutes ago, Vekin7 said:

@SFUFTW Great! thanks so much for the reply. I was offered admission to another stream (not global health), but I'm interested in perhaps doing my practicum abroad when the time comes, but we'll see when I get there. Good to hear you enjoyed the program, it definitely looks great!

If you don't mind me asking, what stream were you accepted for? I'm still waiting to hear from SFU, UBC, and UVic! Congratulations on your offer! :) 

1 hour ago, mphbc17 said:

If you don't mind me asking, what stream were you accepted for? I'm still waiting to hear from SFU, UBC, and UVic! Congratulations on your offer! :) 

Thank you!! I was offered acceptance to the Population Health stream. I wish you all the best, hopefully you will hear back soon as well!!

17 minutes ago, mariont19 said:

For those who got accepted to Queens, did you all apply for the 12-month accelerated program? Congrats on getting accepted btw!

I applied for the 16-month program!

30 minutes ago, Vekin7 said:

Thank you!! I was offered acceptance to the Population Health stream. I wish you all the best, hopefully you will hear back soon as well!!

Congrats on your offer! I also applied to the Population Health Stream at SFU but have not heard back yet. I wonder if this means that I was not accepted into the program... 

If you don't mind me asking, what is your background?

Anyone accepting their McGill offer? I got mine last month and their deadline is March 20, which is so early!

Still waiting to hear from uAlberta (MPH), uOttawa (MSc Epi) and u of T (MPH) - apparently they send out the offers around mid April. 

Just to let you know...Called Lakehead University this week because I had some problems with some documents...Anyway...I ended up asking when I would hear from them...They said they will start to contact people by the end of this month...So just more few weeks for who is waiting for Lakehead MPH. 

Edited by kobr
grammar issues

1 hour ago, mariont19 said:

For those who got accepted to Queens, did you all apply for the 12-month accelerated program? Congrats on getting accepted btw!

I got accepted to the 16 month program.

2 hours ago, L G said:

Anyone accepting their McGill offer? I got mine last month and their deadline is March 20, which is so early!

Still waiting to hear from uAlberta (MPH), uOttawa (MSc Epi) and u of T (MPH) - apparently they send out the offers around mid April. 

I haven't yet, ahh I'm so lost in what to do cause I also applied for UofT's MPH