Cover Letters

joro

I have written a few in the past, but I don't think they were good enough so I'm going to start from scratch. Anyone have advice or very useful sites that they normally use for writing a cover letter?

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Letter Writing can be very hard. I get my friends and family to review mine for me, and ask them to give their honest opinion. I think you can look at free samples on line, but they won’t be specifically targeted to you or your chosen job. I do know that cover letters should be an extension of your CV, to re-affirm why you should get the job. Your cover letter is your chance to directly appeal to the employer.

If you want some professional help though CV-Shop.com is also a good place to look. They have some good services, and some helpful articles that may help your cover letter problems.

If you did an internship your superviosr there may also be willing to look over your resume/cover letter and offer some constructive feedback. Since internships are so often associated with learning experiences in the real world, helping students with job finding skills can be a big part of that. Also, check your local library, they often have workshops and such or if your school has a career center it can be a vital tool.