Is there an equivalent of "Common Application" for graduate school application?

sameul.f

Not that I know of, no. Most programs are going to have their own online application that they're going to want you to fill out. It's tedious.

However, there are things like interfolio.com that allow you to have your recommenders submit their recommendation to the site and you can use that site to upload the letters to the online apps or email them to the program for a small fee without having to pester your recommenders over and over. I think programs would prefer you just do it the traditional way, but they'll usually allow services like that.

You could have your rec letters on file with Interfolio (or perhaps even Chronicle's Vitae?) but there are some downsides to that approach. The biggest downside is that your letters won't be tailored to the department/program and your POI because your letter writers would be submitting one, more generic letter to be used in support of all of your applications. The other major downside is the cost. Interfolio charges each time you have a letter sent out, which adds on to the already expensive cost of applying.

Usually not. In addition to what is already said above, sometimes multiple schools will use the same application software (e.g. in my year "Embark" was used by a couple). When this happen, you can use the same Embark account for the common schools and it will auto-fill-in basic information like your name, address etc. But all actual things you're evaluated on will be separate. If it does do this, it would be wise to ensure the names etc. are correct !