GPA?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

I had a terrible GPA my first 3 semesters of undergrad. I don't remember the number, but I'm pretty positive it was under 3.0. I took a semester off before transferring to a school that did not count GPAs from transfer credits, and graduated with a 3.73.

I know I need to submit my transcript from my first 3 semesters, but do I need to factor that GPA into my overall GPA to enter into applications, even though the institution I graduated from awarded me a 3.73? If so, I think I will have to totally change my application plan. Eek! 

For CSDCAS, yes. The policy is very cut and dry. You'll need to read your other Uni's specific application directions to determine this if they don't use CSDCAS. Most Universities are also very clear that they want all transcripts, so I would still vote yes.

There are people on this site who will say "no." But if you feel uneasy about omitting them, I would let your gut be your guide. It is usually wiser than people on the internet (however well-meaning they may be).

Edited by SouthernDrawl

I didn't think to check the CSDCAS website, but it looks like you are right. I don't want to risk seeming dishonest and not reporting a transcript. My stress levels just increased dramatically but I'm glad I found this out now :/ Thanks!

Yes- because it's cumulative (all institutions attended) GPA. Meanwhile, I would use a GPA calculator and figure out your new GPA. 3 semesters of under 3.0 work isn't going to sink you too bad when you combine. Plus, those grades are way in the beginning of your academic history. 

Some programs explicitly say they look at the last 60 credits. I would bump those to the top of your target list. I would also recommend enrolling in the easier CSD pre-reqs so that you can have those fall semester grades added to your GPA calculation. Every A you can get now will help off set some lower grade on your transcript.