Schools that say they don't want GRE

mrsi

Hello everyone,

I am wanting to get into a certain graduate school program that swears they do not care about the GRE. That is, on the application requirement list, it says you can report GRE scores if you want to, and that is it. It does not even say it is recommended. It seems they are more concerned about letters of rec, GPA and a creative personal statement.

I took the GRE recently, and to be honest, I would not want to report the scores anyway. I am a good student but a bad test taker. I have a 3.7/4.0, teaching experience, and research under by belt. 

My real question is this: when a university says they do not care about the GRE, are they telling the truth? Is there any point in me taking the test again? The only reason I paid to take it the first time is because I did not know where I was interested in attending. But I thought since I had already paid for it I may as well take it.

The degree is for chemical education.

Thanks for the time.

You've already posted this elsewhere: 

If you would like more people to respond, I would suggest you rephrase the question. If you are really anxious about this issue, then contact the department.