CSDCAS question

Hi everyone! As CSDCAS does not open until August and I try to figure out my recommendation situation, I was just wondering how recommendations work within the CSDCAS application system.

Do I have to send links to my recommenders for every application, or is there a way my recommenders just have to upload one generalized letter and it applies to every app?

1 hour ago, lindsayg1993 said:

Hi everyone! As CSDCAS does not open until August and I try to figure out my recommendation situation, I was just wondering how recommendations work within the CSDCAS application system.

Do I have to send links to my recommenders for every application, or is there a way my recommenders just have to upload one generalized letter and it applies to every app?

You input your recommender's email address and then CSDCAS sends them a link to the form they need to fill out. You will be notified when they complete and submit the recommendation. Your recommender's only need to do this once on CSDCAS no matter how many schools you are applying to on that site. 

4 hours ago, SouthernDrawl said:

Be sure you let them know ahead of time that you are applying to multiple schools with one letter, so they shouldn't mention any school by name!

Is it possible for a professor to write a rec for just 1 school? For example, I have 2 professors in mind to write my recommendations, but another one that went to one school I'm applying to. Can you pick to "apply" recommendations to specific applications, if that makes any sense? 

55 minutes ago, lindsayg1993 said:

Is it possible for a professor to write a rec for just 1 school? For example, I have 2 professors in mind to write my recommendations, but another one that went to one school I'm applying to. Can you pick to "apply" recommendations to specific applications, if that makes any sense? 

I'm not too sure but I actually don't think so. But what I would do in that situation is just have her write the recommendation and send it out to all the schools (because most schools want three recs) but just have her state that she went to said school. Thats what I did with one of my recommender's. I told her to try to incorporate the name of the school she went to but still make it general enough to send to every school and it ended up working out. Hope that helped! 

Edited by Cookie Hall