New programs

University of Delaware is starting their program this fall not next and they already had 300+ applications because their application was on CSDCAS. The programs that just started this fall are Cal Baptist, Yeshiva, Delaware to name a few and you probably would have a better chance at getting into a newer program. 

35 minutes ago, Ejt5100 said:

Thanks but I was looking for programs next fall not this fall. 

I know but I think it might be a bit too early to tell what new programs are starting for next fall that's why I stated the programs that started this fall cause they will still be less competitive than more established programs which I think is the reason you posted this question on this forum in the first place. 

NYU's online program is new, even though their in-person one is established. They will also have 3 cohorts per year, probably making it not quite as competitive. Very pricey, however!

You can check here for prospective SLP grad programs that are under review for accreditation:

http://caa.asha.org/programs/call-for-public-comments/graduate-programs-under-review/

Look under headings "Application for Candidacy" and "Application for Initial Accreditation"

It looks like it's a bit too early to know what new programs are starting in Fall 2017. Typically, these are not announced until site visits are scheduled. Since there are no site visits scheduled in the Fall, you may have to wait until winter or spring to see if any new schools are applying.

As a word of caution, accreditation candidacy is not always granted to all programs that apply, meaning you may apply to a school that is trying to get candidacy and get accepted, but there's a possibility your program won't start on time due to candidacy status.

On 22.7.2016 at 8:05 PM, Cookie Hall said:

University of Delaware is starting their program this fall not next and they already had 300+ applications because their application was on CSDCAS. The programs that just started this fall are Cal Baptist, Yeshiva, Delaware to name a few and you probably would have a better chance at getting into a newer program. 

300+ applications does not sound like anyone's chances are better!

I know that Concordia University Wisconsin is starting up a new SLP program. My mother-in-law is a professor there in another department and has discussed the program with the director who has said that they have all the staff hired and curriculum planned out but are waiting for the clinic building to be physically built but they expect the program to start in Fall 2017.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When I applied Sacred Heart University and Samford University were both candidates. Meaning they were new programs that are being watched by asha the first 5 years of graduating students to make sure they are doing what they are supposed to do. I was accepted to Sacred Heart but didn't end up going there. A little pricey for me but it seemed like an awesome program. They have speciality tracks such as a medical slp if your interested in that kind of thing.