Please rate my first essay for issue type question.

Meghna

The surest indicator of a great nation is represented not by the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists, but by the general welfare of its people.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

I agree with the statement given above that the surest indicator of a great nation is represented not by the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists, but by the general welfare of its people. Any nation is formed by its people, in a way the soul of a nation is its people. They are what define the united country and not the borders. If they're not happy or taken care of then what's the point of being a country. Its not all about the who produces the maximum talent worldwide or who has most engineers and doctors but in which country people feel safe and happy to live in. In recent century, many of the countries have adopted democratic rule i.e. by the people for the people and to the people. The basic idea of democracy is that any country is formed by the people, it should be run by its people and it should work for them. Nations that follow this rule become great in the process.

But this does not mean that the talented and hardworking people are not required in the country for it to prosper and thrive. For any country to be good in general welfare of its people needs to be economically strong. This requires great leaders and rulers who are tactful and civil at the same time. This contradicts the statement but the point remains that the overall development of a nation to greatness lies in the good welfare of the people which cannot be achieved without having great lawmakers and enforcers. Any nation requires great rulers, scientist and artists to grow and flourish which in turn woud benefit people. Although the former is true it does not guarantee the latter in some cases which has dictator as a ruler which does what is best for the nation which sometimes does not align with the needs of common people. But generally this is not the case.

In conclusion, the statement above makes sense that any nation who wants to achieve greatness should make general welfare of the people a top priority while promoting the talent of the nation and great rulers.

I would be extremely grateful if somebody could score my essay and help improve upon it. please!