PhD Applications Fall '17 Season

menge

5 hours ago, rheya19 said:

Yesterday it seems that NO ONE heard from any schools, but I have a feeling about today. Today is the day. We're going to start hearing from a bunch of schools. I'm not sure which, but the emails are being written as we speak. 

Also I have my Iowa interview today! It's gonna be a big day!

I'm gonna light a candle and pour out a little wine to John Harvard, John Princeton, John Iowa, John UT-Austin, and any other Johns you fine people might be waiting for. ;)

How did your interview go? I hope it went super well and we will all receive super good news before the end of this week. May I join in in the prayer to the Johns? ;-)

17 minutes ago, rheya19 said:

Interview went well!!! They like me!!!! 

(I can't post this picture, but here's the link)

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-26029-kermit-the-frog-YAY-gif-0hBT.gif

Great job! When do you hear back from them about an official decision?

Just now, Eshtah said:

How did your interview go? I hope it went super well and we will all receive super good news before the end of this week. May I join in in the prayer to the Johns? ;-)

Iowa seems to like me. I talked up Digital Humanities a bunch. 

Also, they'd let me start TA-ing the first year! (I'm an instructor now, and I love teaching!) 

You can add your candle to the altar here: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/47/cc/a7/47cca742db776f536cd7f25bd56c694f.jpg

6 minutes ago, rheya19 said:

It seems that no one can post in the results right now, but FYI I just got a form email from Princeton with a big, generic NO.

Sorry to hear that :(

Here's to everyone still waiting for Harvard though

2 minutes ago, Marcion said:

Sorry :(

I really thought I would be a good fit there, and I've created an original research approach, which is difficult to do in early Christian studies. :( 

Someday. Someday I'll publish groundbreaking research, and they'll be like, "Wow, I wish she was a student at OUR school. Oh wait, she applied and we rejected her. This is almost the same thing as when J.K. Rowling couldn't get Harry Potter published, and now everyone loves her and she's a zillionaire... JUST LIKE ANDREA IS NOW WITH HER GROUNDBREAKING RESEARCH." So there.

Just now, rheya19 said:

I really thought I would be a good fit there, and I've created an original research approach, which is difficult to do in early Christian studies. :( 

Someday. Someday I'll publish groundbreaking research, and they'll be like, "Wow, I wish she was a student at OUR school. Oh wait, she applied and we rejected her. This is almost the same thing as when J.K. Rowling couldn't get Harry Potter published, and now everyone loves her and she's a zillionaire... JUST LIKE ANDREA IS NOW WITH HER GROUNDBREAKING RESEARCH." So there.

I am so glad we share these fantasies. Harvard rejected me for MTS... I'm not bitter...

Just now, Marcion said:

This was two years ago.

We won't give you a PhD, but we will put you another $60,000 into debt. But not just any debt- Harvard debt. That's debt you can put on your CV. Heh? Pretty good, right?